Chap 27. Welcome Back

Rebecca's POV

I was making my way to Eva's room when I saw her door open with nurses holding her down. She squirmed around in their hold trying to get out. When she saw me she settled down and the nurses let her go.

Eva: "Momma, you finally came.

I went to her side and hugged her as she cried into my shoulder. Trying to calm her down I stroked her hair, whispering sweet words to her. Dr. Reed made his way inside looking at Eva as she continued to cry.

Dr.Reed: "Eva can you please look at me?"

Slowly she turned her head looking at him as she cried silently and held her stomach.

Eva: "Am I okay Doctor, is Colton better now?"

I looked down at her with a puzzled look as she kept asking for Colton.

Dr.Reed: "Eva who is Colton?, If you don't mind me asking."

Eva: "Doctor he is my husband and can you please tell me if my baby is okay?"

That's when I decided to intervene.

Rebecca: "Eva please tell me who is Colton."

Eva: "Mom, Colton is my husband and we are expecting a baby together."

She looked at me when saying that, but slowly her eyes turned all watery and sad.

Rebecca: "What's wrong though?"

Eva: "I forgot, Colton died before I fainted. Where is his body mom? He needs a proper funeral, mom!?"

It hurt to see her crying and going hysterical over a man that doesn't exsist. I knew it would only go downhill when she finds out she has been in a coma for the past few months.

Rebecca: "Eva I need you to listen to me, sweetie there is no Colton cause you have been in a coma."

I regretted saying those words becauss when I did her eyes lost their spark and she started to cry all over again. It was like a switch went off and she was blank. I hugged her as she clung to me as she were a little girl again and needed protecting from the monsters in her closet. Little by little jer cries turned into whimpers, when Dr.Reed came back into the room Eva had already fallen asleep. I laid her back in bed and automatically she curled into a ball.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

It's been a few days and Eva now interacts with Tyler and I around the house. To help Eva get her mind off of things, we let her start her own garden in the backyard. Slowly she is becoming more talkative. She has mandatory therapy sessions two times a week.

A friday morning both of us decided to bake a cake for dessert tonight. We were about to start mixing the milk for our Tres Leche cake when I felt water trickling down my leg, moments later it was a whole waterfall of water.

Rebecca: "Eva sweetie, I need you to take me too the hospital."

Eva: "Ummm.... is everything in the car right?"

Rebecca: "Yes it's in the trunk, so we better get a move on because they want to come out."

===================
Hey guys Ally here and this is the last chapter before the epilogue and i'm just letting you guys know that epilogue will most likely be a short one at that. Sorry it's been a long time since the last update but I've been enjoying my summwe before I buckle down for senior year of high school.
I also want to ask if any of you are European readers and if it would be wise of me to go study over there for college?

Please comment, vote, and share.

P.s check out my other story Everybody Knows