8. My Best Friend

Sierra Wellington

I smile happily when I walk out from his office. I just gave Bryan and Lina a dead stare. How dare they did that for me. I go out from his office building and try to call my best friend who lives in New York. 

"Hi, Ethan, It's me Sierra." I made a call with my college best friend and tell him that l'm in New York now and for good. I wait in the coffee shop near The Wellington Office, waiting Ethan to come and meet me here.

"Sierra! I miss you a lot" Ethan hug me tightly.

"I miss you too Ethan but I hate you too, why you didn't come at my wedding, I invited you and even I tell you everything about it." I said sadly.

"Sorry baby, you know I can't go there and I feel so sorry about it. By the way, It's good to see you in New York, after one year you coming back to California and I'm not even can asked you to stay in New York. So, how long have you been here?" He asked me.

"I move in here Ethan, live with my husband." I said.

"Ohh really? ... I'm glad to hear that! so I can see you around." he smile.

Ethan Woods

"Sorry baby, you know I can't go there and I feel so sorry about it. By the way, It's good to see you in New York, after one year you coming back to California and I'm not even can asked you to stay in New York. So, how long have you been here?" I asked her. I really missed her.

"I move in here Ethan, live with my husband." She said and I just nodded.

"Ohh really? ... I'm glad to hear that! so I can see you around." I act happily and fake my smile.

"Ethan, I'm so boring, I don't wanna just stay at home and doing nothing. Will you help me? I need to go to work. Maybe, you can help me with your relations.. for give me a job?." She shows me her innocent smile and I smile back at her.

"How about you helping me? I need to hire a personal assitant, who will take care of my project and also my meetings." I offered her. I hope she will said yes, so I can see her around me everyday.

"Seriously? Really? I want it Ethan! Really! you're my very best friend." She said excitedly and show me her dimples while she smile widely. 

"Are you not even asked me about the salary or anything?" I asked her.

"No. I don't need asking you about that. I know you will give me much money to go shopping Ethan." She laugh after saying that. I chuckled by her state.

"Thank you Ethan, You're the best friend I've ever had." She hold my hand on the table.

Sierra, you're not only just best friend for me, you are more than that for me. I like you a lot, I don't even come up at your wedding cause I can bear seeing you married with someone else or maybe I will be the one who will ruin the ceremony. I'm a coward until I realized I'm running out time, a very wrong time to have a chance and tell you all my feelings for you. And now that's too late for regreted all that happen but all I want just to see your smile, I thought maybe that's enough for me.