22. I'm nothing

Sierra Wellington

"I'll treat you for lunch today." We walk in the restaurant near our office. Me and Ethan will meeting about the Charity for the Orphans this weekend.

"Okay, I will eat double portions." We laugh together.

Suddenly I look something that makes me stop laughing. I hope I never seen this in my life, but now I see it, directly with my own eyes. Yes, I know it is him. He have a special meeting, that what's I know from his receptionist and also from Judy.  Special meeting with Adeline? I just standing here and staring at them.  He's lean in and kiss her cheeks.

Stupid tears. It's fall down again. Stop it Sierra! You've cried enough... Why I'd become this weak while seeing this. I wipe it quickly and turn around facing Ethan behind me.

"Ethan, can we get lunch in another place? I don't want to eat in here. I will treat third portions for you." I try to smile happily.

"Don't cry. As I said before, I hate it." Ethan wiped my cheek with his hands.

"I'm not... It's just a dust get into my eyes and make it watery like this." I lied to him. Smile Sierra..

"Don't walk away, face him, don't avoiding this situation, don't even scared nor afraid... I'm here beside you. Come on... I'm so hungry." Ethan hold and push a little bit my shoulder and come closer to their table.

"Ethan please don't"-" and too late, now I and Ethan just standing here near their table.

"Sorry... would you mind if we join your table?" Ethan said.

"Oh Ethan! You're here! sure we just start our lunch, we can lunch together." Adeline said.

"Let me introduce my beautiful PA, Sierra, this is Adeline, models for our advertising product." I shook my hand with her. Axel just staring coldly at me.

"Sierra" I smile.

"Adeline..Oh Ethan.. let me introduce my partner Axel Wellington.. This is Ethan Woods." Ethan and Axel shook their hands.

"Nice to see you Mr. Wellington. This is our first meet.... officially." Said Ethan.

"Me too, Nice to meet you Mr. Woods." Axel said.

Ethan pull the chair and let me take a sit. He always do a gentleman things for me.

"What do you want to order?" Ethan asked me while I still look at the menu.

"The steak with blackpapper sauce is recommended here." Adeline said.

"She's allergic with the blackpapper." Ethan said towards me and Axel just staring at me. I'm afraid by his stare. Why he is looking at me like that?  Did I do something wrong? or he just pissed while I and Ethan come and join their table?

"Sierra! I never know that Ethan can have a date with any woman before. I thought he's a gay." Adeline laugh and I smile at her state.

"No. I'm not his date, I'm just his best friend, we were from the same university." I state.

"oh.. maybe soon... Axel, will you be my date for Charity this weekend? Ethan's company made a charity event and I need someone to be my date, maybe you and I-" Adeline asked him to be her date.

"Sure.. I'll be your date." Axel smiling to her. Adeline was excited by his answer while I'm freeze heard his answer. okay.. this is twice hurt that I'd ever thought before. Can I just left the table now?

"Are you sure? I thought you have someone else. I don't know but my manager told me that there was a news that you're dating with someone else..."

"No, I haven't dating with anyone." Axel said calmly and dig in his food.

"It's a honour if you can come in and join the charity Mr. Wellington." Ethan said. I just quiet and looked down on my lap. I really want to dissappear this time. I don't wanna hear anything else.. I think I just can't..

"And you.. Are you dating with Mr. Wellington? I thought he had another date in the last news." Ethan asked Adeline.

"Oh.. No, I meant I don't know. We don't know too..We were dating before but now we're just friend maybe.... I'd also seen that news, Who is she Axel?" Adeline asked.

"She's nothing." Axel state looking towards me while we are staring each other and he just said that.... I'm nothing. Two words, just two words enough for him to stab a sharp knife right into my heart. It doesn't bleed, but I felt the sting of pain inside my chest.. Okay enough, I don't wanna hear anything nor crying in front of others, especially him.

"Oh.. She's nothing?" Ethan said sarcastically. I hold his hands and give him a stare 'Please Ethan don't'

"Sorry I just need to go to toilet." and I get up and made my way to the toilet. I just can't hold it anymore. I'm really broken, should I give up? I just get in the toilet and crying silently in there.

This is hurt, please someone stop it.. It's really hurts. I tried to closed my mouth while sobbing inside the chamber.

Ethan Woods

It's already ten minutes but Sierra still not coming back. I need to look her to make sure she's okay. I'm waiting her in front of the toilet.

She walked out with her red nose and watery eyes. I know she was crying inside.

"Oh what are you doing here?" she asked me.

"What are you doing inside there? Crying? 3 years I'd know you and Just a several times I saw you cried but in this weeks I see you cried for the third times." I state at her.

"Ethan.. Can we just go back there? get our lunch and go back to the office after that?" I said.

"For what? you still wanna see your husband stay there with his date? and after that you will crying again? Do you wanna still at the same table with him?" I said almost angry with her.

"Ethan-"

"Stay here.. I''ll get your bag, we lunch in another place." I said and she just staring at me.

I go back hurriedly at our table and get her bag.

"Sorry for the lunch but I think Sierra not feeling well and I will take her home." I said and take her bag.

"Is she okay?" Adeline said.

"Maybe not." I said and looking at him.

"I think I just need to go,  maybe I can take her home." Axel said.

"You don't need to do it  Mr. Wellington, I can take care of her and get her home by myself. Just don't leave your lunch date today. Excuse me." I smile towards him.