50. Love letter for Axel

Sierra Wellington

I drive for almost 2 hours with the address written on the diary. Yes This must be the place. I park my car and smile while see his car parked there too. I wipe my tears again and get out from the car. The wind breezing and frezeeing me. It's almost winter. I get in the cottage and start looking him. There's nobody in there. I'm still walked and tightening my coat. Thanks to Judy handed me this coat. And I stop my steps. I stand still looking at him sit in the edge of the dock looking through the lake. I sighed relief when finally I find him. He's wearing his black T-shirt with his black jacket. I walked towards him and sit beside him.

"Hi..." I said then he seems surprise and looking at me.

"Hi.. how-" He lost his words and still looking at me.

"Beautiful place." I said and smiling. He still looking at me disbelief.

"How?" He shakes his head.

"How? How long you stay here?" I asked.

"I don't know maybe 5 or 6 hours." he shakes his head.

"You send me the flower this morning but then you left me."

"I'm not leaving you." He said sadly.

"Why you didn't tell me?" I hold his hands then he just looking down and shakes his head again.

"I don't know how to start to tell you."

"How you can come in here? How do you know that?"

"I have my way to come back where my heart belongs. I've drive."

"Are you drive this far?"

"Even if I had to drive around the world I would did to find you." then he smile. I miss his smile.

"You have to tell me.. You know I always be there for you?" I smile when he nodded.

I take the little bear from my coat and handed to him. He stare at it and touch the button eye.

"Why you told Judy to burn this little bear?"

"It's hurting me everytime I see it. It makes me remember that..... she left me." I came closer and lay down my head on his shoulder.

"I can't take away your pain.. but I'm here for you and always be here with you." I said.

"It was my present when I was 5 years old. I dropped it once time in the grocery and the bear lost one of his eyes. I'd cried because of it but she knitted and replace it with the black button to be his eyes. I still remember that time I stop cried and hug this little teddy bear. She always know how to make me smile."

"She loves you." I said.

"I know but she left me." He said sadly. I turn facing him and take out the book inside my coat.

"No.." He said while looking at this book.

"She didn't want to leave you Axel. She tried for three years to stay alive, just for you, she just want to live her life for you. She even miss the time to see the doctor just to see your theater. Do you remember?"

"No..."

"She never ever want to leave you Axel." I can see he closed his eyes.

"Sierra.."

"Please.. just read this.. She loves you more than you ever imagine. She didn't leave you intentionally, she has been struggled so hard, she tried, she endure all the pain to recover herself just for you, she want to live and see you're married and had a child too. We can't never change what's already happened before Axel but we can still change the present. She never died in your heart, she will forever live in it. I know you loves her. You just can't accepted that she has gone."

I handed him the book the open it in the last latter that she written to her son.

My Dear Axel Baby Bear..

I know that I left you and go to another place. I don't want to go to the place when you're not with me baby, but nothing I can do with that.. You're my world, my everything, my life and my breath.. I'm sorry baby..I'm so sorry for everything, sorry cause I can't attend your graduation as my promise. I'm sorry to broke our promises to be always together forever... I love you.. I love you so much Axel and I always will.

I'm trying my best to stay alive.. I always prayed to God to let me live one more day and one more day just to be with you day by day.. I wanna see you growing up, be a handsome man like your daddy, have married and had a child too. So, I will becoming a grandma. I'm not leaving you Axel. Never ever I want to leaving you and your daddy. I tried my best to stay alive, I'm struggle so hard for it, I still hope that I have a chance to live more days for you but I'm sorry I didn't make it if you see this letter.

I love you so much baby...  I want you to know that I love you son... Stay happy for me and don't be afraid of everything. Be a man with a good attitude.. Even I'm not with you again, I will always watching over you form heaven.. Mom always be with you forever Axel. In another life time, I always want to be your mother again. Live your life for me My Axel.

Your Mom,

Claire Wellington.

"I missed her.. I really missed her.. I want her back, I want her to be with me but I can't hold her anymore, I can't even see her anymore. She's gone from my sight... and nothing I can do with that... I really missed her.." His voice trembling and his body shaking, I see he closed his eyes and start sobbing. I embrace him and caress his back. He hug me tightly and crying on my shoulder. Oh Axel... what can I do for you to makes you feel better? We stayed like this for awhile. Then he let me lean on his chest facing the lake with the sunset in front of us.

"A day before she was gone.. I made a beautiful flowers boquete for her birthday. I pick and arrange the flowers by myself, I picked the best flowers from our backyard then I want to give it to her but I never thought that I just laid it on her grave that day. If there's something I can do to made her come back to me, I will do it." I turn facing him and wipe tears that cames out from the corner of hie eyes.

"She loves you and I know you do loves her too.. let her go, forgive her and let her stay peacefully in heaven. She's never really gone Axel. She always be here." I place my hands on his chest.

"Thank you" he said looking at me.

"Thank you for being an amazing wife for me.. What I did to deserve you as mine? I'm never thought I will fell in love again.. I promise to myself to push anybody away and build my own wall.. I don't wanna feel the feelings being left. And you came into my life.. breaking the wall and made me fall for you... I don't want to be left again. I hate those feelings..."

"I will never leave you Axel... I love you...." I caress his cheek.

"I'm falling for you Sierra again and again... I love you and always will." He lean in kisses me.