Leia: Can I have this Dance?

I Was seriously happy when we got home that day. We had figured out a way home and we could get there before Robert and Melissa rampaged our kingdom. I was glad for Alex and Tessa because they had found there "True Loves" but Syd was still as stubborn as ever. Me? Oh My eyes could not be drawn to any boy here. *Cue lovey-dovey accent* For my heart Belonged to another. Chale Virinium. Captain of the Guard, Nice, handsome. Perfect. *Cuts Accent* But of course, He was still in Aether and I was. Well, here. I sighed. Vortexia was curled up on her little cat house, fast asleep, so I decided to go for a walk. I grabbed my jacket, cell phone, and earbuds. I threw my hair up into a ponytail, and walked downstairs, plugging my earbuds into my phone. I poked my head into the kitchen to see a note. Leftovers in the fridge, i'm going on a date tonight. Don't wait up! Luv ya!- Alex I smiled and wrote my own note. Going for a walk, might stop and get McDonalds or Taco Bell. Call me if you want something from there. _Lei-Lei

As I jogged down the street, almost to Taco Bell, music pumping into my ears, the lyrics came to a grinding halt as Tessa's ringtone came blasting through. Lit 'em up up up Lit 'em up up up lit 'em "Yeeeeeessss?" I spoke with a silly accent. She laughed. "Hey can you stop at Taco Bell to get some food for Syd and I?" "Sure what do you want?" "Two Mexican Pizza's for me and 4 Taco Supremes for Syd... So Two Mexican Pizza Combos." I laughed. "Sure thing See you in a few." We hung up and music resumed. I idled my way into Taco Bell, pausing my music once I was there. "Hi what can I get for you?" "Hi, can I get three Mexican Pizza combos please?" "Enter your pin." He said, pointing to the machine. On a whim, I typed in my Birth time. 1013. a receipt printed out and he handed my three cups. I called Tess as I was getting a mountain do. "Ya-low" "Hey what do you guys want to drink?" "Root bear annnnnnndd Coke, Please." "K, Thanks!" "Yep." I got the drinks and set them down at a table. I pulled out my phone and sat down at a booth. The bell above the door jangled signaling someone had walked in. I glanced up briefly, then did a double take. "C-Chale?" His head snapped towards me. "Leia?" He questioned. I was the only one he didn't refer to as 'princess' because he's been my best friend for as long as I could remember, I just kinda wanted a bit more. I smiled, jumped up and gave him a hug. His arms wrapped around my waist as he picked me up a tad, my feet barely touching the floor. "My gods, I thought you were in Aether!" His brow furrowed. "Didn't Your sister tell you? I ran into her at JC Penny's when she was working." oh Alex was in for it when she got home. "No. She didn't." "number 14?" The counter-dude called. I grabbed my bags. "You should come with me to our... flat." I said carefully, knowing full well the counter guy was eavesdropping. "Sure, let me get something to eat." He ordered, and sat down at the table with me. When his order got called, he grabbed it and walked with me. Once we got into the forest, I used the wind to hold our stuff, as we walked. Fairly simple. Once we got to the house, he just kinda stared... for 15ish minutes... gaping... stuttering... over all acting like my best friend, not Captain of the guard. I laughed and dragged him in. We put the food on the counter and I called the girls down. When they saw Chale, they gave him breath-taking hugs... literally. "You had me worried sick, you nincompoop!" Tessa Yelled at him. He laughed and we sat down to eat. once we finished, Chale and I took a walk through the, now dark, forest. He took my hand and swung it between us. I was glad in was dark out, or he might have seen my tomato red face. (A/N Never sneeze with watermelon in your mouth. Very inconvenient.) When we got to the dance pavilion my power had set off, (When we got our elements, they adjusted to us, and created something. Syd the pool, Alex the garden, Tessa the fire pit, and I, the Dance pavilion.) I was surprised to see the glowing golden lights on. Chale led me to the middle and bowed. "Can I have this dance?" he asked in a silly posh accent. I giggled and nodded. I took out my phone and turned on 'Can I have this dance' from high school musical. I know. Cliché but hey, it worked.

[Gabriella]

Take my hand, take a breath

Pull me close and take one step

Keep your eyes locked on mine,

And let the music be your guide.

[Troy, Gabriella]

Won't you promise me (now won't you promise me, that you'll never forget)

We'll keep dancing (to keep dancing) wherever we go next

(chorus)

It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you

It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do

And with every step together, we just keep on getting better

So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)

Can I have this dance

[Troy]

Take my hand, I'll take the lead

And every turn will be safe with me

Don't be afraid, afraid to fall

You know I'll catch you through it all

[Troy, Gabriella]

And you can't keep us apart (even a thousand miles, can't keep us apart)

'Cause my heart is (cause my heart is) wherever you are

(chorus)

It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you

It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do

And with every step together, we just keep on getting better

So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)

Can I have this dance

[Gabriella And Troy]

Oh no mountains too high enough, oceans too wide

'Cause together or not, our dance won't stop

Let it rain, let it pour

What we have is worth fighting for

You know I believe, that we were meant to be

(chorus)

It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you (like you)

It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do (way we do)

And with every step together, we just keep on getting better

So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)

Can I have this dance

Once the song finished, he twirled me one last time, and smiled. I smiled and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. He bent down and looked into my amber eyes. "Leia... We've been best friends since we were kids and I never really thought about this, but when you, and your sisters, disappeared, I did everything to get back to you, because I realized right when you walked down those stairs to the ball, when you were gone, that I love you." He said quietly. I was at a loss for words so I did the only thing I could think to do. I kissed him. He returned it immediately, and I was overjoyed. I had waited years for him to tell me, and I couldn't believe it was really happening. The sound of a car driving into the driveway made us break apart, but I hugged him and whispered. "I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kinda random filler chapter... I've been shipping them.. hard for a while and I needed to write this sooo. chaleia? Leiale? what do y'all think??

~AbbyJ