02 | Special Privileges

"You're kidding."

"Am not!" Jimin grinned, biting his lower lip and leaning forward. "Or should I explain that in a more explicit way?"

"No, thanks...I really didn't expect us to meet like that." You cringed, pulling your legs close together.

He shrugged. "It's awkward, since first impressions are important and shit, but I hope you can forget about what happened. I mean, I don't think I would ever be able to see someone in the same light again after walking in them...you know."

"Yeah, me neither," you said, thankful that at least he was not been rude about it.

The girl had left immediately after the two of them had found decent clothes to put on, though there had been a bit of an issue in finding the random girl's, uh, underwear. You weren't sure you ever wanted to encounter a scene like that again.

But it definitely hadn't been any easier to forget.

You winced. No can do. "Trust me, I hope so too."

The atmosphere turned awkward just as fast, and you wondered how you had fallen for all the haunted building crap so fast. But then, maybe it's still cursed.

"So..." Jimin swallowed, staring at you, his expression betraying that he had no idea what to say next. "I guess it's nice to have a roommate?"

"Easy there, partner," You muttered. "It hasn't even been a full hour yet." And I've already seen you doing a random girl once.

"But at least I won't be so alone anymore." He smiled, leaning forward so that his t-shirt hung low enough to expose his collarbones. You squirmed in your seat. "It gets lonely here."

What? He's hot.

And you hadn't had many chances to ogle pretty boys like the one in front of you often. Your gran madre wasn't big on the idea of having her daughter being within even a foot of the male species. In fact, you were surprised she hadn't objected to you being away from home for years alone.

What was the word? Yeah, paranoid.

You managed an awkward laugh. "Well, you always have Netflix."

"It's not the same, you know." He raised an eyebrow, tilting his head so the light from the tubelights caught on his silver hair and made it look fluorescent. "Everyone needs the warmth of company."

"Uh, I mean, maybe." Eyes darting away from his face in a futile attempt to protect your reputation, you stared at the surface of the wooden table. "Sure. I think."

Jimin laughed as you spoke. "You're an awkward one, aren't you?"

Your eyes narrowed, and in spite of the previous thoughts that had been running through your head, you looked up. "Am not."

"Uh-huh." His lips lifted in a lazy grin. "I can definitely see that."

You couldn't exactly change your roommate—well, you could, but that was too much work. "It must suck being blind."

That elicited a full-blown laugh, with him throwing back his head and baring his neck (you couldn't help but notice the details) as he did. "Fiesty."

"Let me guess," you said, modifying your voice into a bored tone, "You like that?"

Jimin grinned widely, a grin that showed he definitely approved of your way of speaking and maybe even your thought process. "You didn't mention you could read minds."

"I don't need to." Your lips twitched. "I've had enough of roommate plots in middle school."

You decided to omit the detail that it was your lack of contact with the opposite gender that drove you to turn to fiction otherwise.

"Sounds interesting." He sighed and leaned forward again, making you cringe as he rested his chin in the hollow of his cupped palm. "First time having a roommate?"

Your eyes widened. If you were being honest, the last thing you wanted was to be seen as some inexperienced baby chick—even if you kind of were—in front of such a...beautiful boy.

"Yeah." You confessed, pursing your lips. "It's okay, though, you can do whatever you want. I mean—mess around, uh, not in a bad way—"

"You're cute." He smiled, scrunching up his nose as he studied your now awkward posture. His gaze was heavy, hot, and made you feel almost delirious. "But don't worry. We can manage together."

The undertone of the last statement made you skeptical, but you plastered a smile across your face. Not too awkward, not too cold, but just right. Or you thought. "I'm...glad?"

"Oh, yeah," he said, leaning his elbows on the table and placing his chin in his palms. "Especially if it's a pretty girl like you."

Yeah, living with a pretty boy for what was hopefully a long time seemed pretty appealing. But the last thing you wanted was to be bombarded with words like buttered popcorn when you were trying to concentrate.

This was already disturbing, considering the scary amount of times you had brought up long internal monologues about him. Yes, hotness was a desirable quality in roommates, but not when you intended to stay away from any sort of conversation (—that might reveal your social awkwardness).

Confidence is key.

You dropped your front. "Okay, what kind of—"

He dropped the innocent act.

"Don't swear, babygirl." He said, placing his finger on your lips, effectively shutting you up. "It doesn't sound nice on pretty lips like yours."

You couldn't speak anyway, going cross-eyed as you tried to glare at his finger that had invaded your lips.

"You wanted to live in Seoul?" He asked, licking his lips as he stood up from his seat.

Unable to speak, you could only nod in response.

"I'll show you Seoul." He smiled. "And of course, as my roommate, you get special privileges."

You didn't like the sound of that.

"I'll just put something on down there." He gestured to his boxer-clad legs before smirking at you. "Unless you're fine with this."

You felt like puking. "It was all fine until you dropped the special privileges stinkbomb." You shuddered. "I can't believe I'm rooming with you."

"Trust me, babygirl. I'm even more unbelievable in bed." He winked at you before extending his hand to you. "You'll learn quickly enough."

Probably depends on what I'm learning.

You glanced between his face and hand.

I just met him.

Jimin raised an eyebrow, probably wondering what was taking you so long.

Sighing, you made up your mind before it could analyze his psyche further.

"Don't make me regret this." You sighed, as you slipped your hand into his.

Jimin grinned, pulling you up hard so that you crash-landed into his chest.

"Okay, scratch that—"

"Aw," he cooed, grinning. "Didn't know you wanted to get so close to me."

The warmth of his body made you feel like you'd just had the seven cups of caffeine you'd wanted so much earlier. He smelled like sweat and mint, and a little chocolate—woah, woah, stop right there. Here you were, trying to openly dislike an undeniably hot roommate, but also smelling him when he tricked you into unwanted contact, because hey, that's what teenage girls do, right?

No.

"Shut up." You sighed, pushing yourself off him. "Just leave me alone, and we'll call it even."

You almost felt like you had whiplash from his sudden personality flip.

"You won't get rid of me so quick, Y/N." He laughed. "I'm your new roommate after all."

Don't remind me.

You could only groan when he winked at you again before disappearing into his room, his mocking laughter the only other sound in the house.