12 | Call Me

Your breath hitched in your throat.

Taehyung was whimpering into your shoulder, long fingers tightly grabbing your upper arms. His usually big eyes were tightly closed, lips pressed together, giving an expression of pain.

"Uh, what?" An irrational fear gripped you as you tried to turn to look at him.

Taehyung quickly grabbed you again, preventing you from moving. He shook his head frantically in short, braced movements. "P-please just don't."

Your eyes widened, frightening scenarios through your brain.

Then you felt something hard poke your thigh.

Oh.

Now you were the one freaked out.

Taehyung's hands were shaking as he held on to you for dear life. Never, in his entire playboy career, had he ever encountered a situation as awkward as this.

You were just thankful that the others weren't paying much attention to the two of you, because it would otherwise have been a trickier situation.

The remaining journey was hell for both of you.

You sat as still as a statue, holding your breath at moments, trying to make as less movements as possible and mentally praying to all the gods you knew.

Taehyung was even stiller than you, breathing even shallower, trying not to get too excited, and praying to even more gods.

He was the first to breathe a sigh of relief when the car rolled to a stop at the big gates.

You got out first, eager to escape the awkward feeling, and moved to wake the other boys. Meanwhile, Taehyung grabbed the biggest bag he could find, and held it in front of him to hide his tent pitch.

Jimin was the second last one to wake up, followed by a still scarily quiet Jungkook-or at least, that's what you thought his name was. The silver haired boy's eyes immediately went to the big bag in Taehyung's hands, and then to your nervous face, and he put two and two together, letting a smirk grow on his face.

You caught it, your dark glare daring him to laugh at your expense. Well, technically it was Taehyung's too, but it was more problematic for you as you literally had to live with the cheeky silver devil.

"Come on." Jimin grabbed your arm when no one was looking, leading you inside the doors and threading through the throngs of people to who-knows-where. You turned your face upwards, admiring the interior of the penthouse, which was even more luxurious than you had imagined.

Despite the presence of all the beauty you could feast your eyes on, your mind still remained on Taehyung and his, er, problem. Was it okay now? Maybe he would take a cold shower, or maybe he was going to find someone to take care of it for him-nope, you interrupted your own thoughts, shaking your head violently. You did not need the visual

At least it hadn't gotten out of hand in the car. Otherwise it would have been quite a sticky situation, both figuratively and literally.

With an exhale, you turned your attention back to the party. The attending crowd was massive, but was quite thinned out due to the overwhelming size of the place. It was still dark out, as one could see through the transparent glass walls of the ground floor, the fluorescent lights outside glancing off the pretty, glimmering surface of the pool. Or pools, you hadn't seen all of the outside yet.

Your nose wrinkled at the strong smell of alcohol and sweat that hit you as soon as you entered, and you subconsciously hid half of your face behind your roommate's shoulder, making him laugh.

"It usually gets worse when you're at the pool," he said, his hand still loosely holding on to your arm. "But they probably have barbeque this time, since Yoongi loves those, and the food makes it a hundred times better."

Still a bit absent-minded, you hm-ed and let your eyes travel around the perimeter of the singular space you were in, picking up the people who stood out the most. Judging by the amount of curious and friendly eyes that followed Jimin, you guessed that you had been right about his infamy after all.

"Where are we going?" You wondered aloud, as he slowed down a little more after the two of you had mingled even more with the crowd. "I think I can handle my own, Jimin."

"Nah, you'll probably get lost," he said, the fake contempt in his voice making you narrow your eyes. "Relax, Y/N. I'm just trying to lose the others so I can find someone suitable for you to acquaint yourself with."

The defensive tone betrayed the fact that he didn't want you to be anywhere near his supposed friends, which was weird, since they were, well, his friends.

"Okay, then," you muttered, still kind of confused by his behaviour. The memory of his sudden seriousness back at the apartment was still vivid at the back of your mind, how his demeanor had turned from playful to almost wise. That had given you major philosophy-major vibes, a manner which Jimin usually wasn't inclined to recreate.

However, as he led you further into the heart of the crowd, your brow furrowed. There was definitely a pretty girl making her way towards the two of you, a look of absolute concentration on her face. The crowd parted easily in front of her, and apparently, Jimin noticed too, because he let go of you and told you to stay there.

"Don't move," he said, still watching the girl. "And keep your eyes on me."

Your frown deepened, but you nodded, standing close to the mini-bar as he walked over to the unknown girl.

Confused still, you watched them as they had a slightly heated conversation, with Jimin managing to keep a placid smile on his face as the girl talked with an expression flat, looking like she was close to either kissing or punching him. Well, that was relatable. After a few minutes, Jimin turned half-towards where you were standing so that his face wasn't visible to the girl, and made eye contact with you.

Discreetly, he raised a hand to the side of his face so that it formed a fist with his pinky and thumb sticking out.

Call me, he mouthed.

Although you still had no idea of what he was trying to achieve, you pulled out your phone and called him. As you watched, he turned and gave the girl a cordial smile before picking up the call.

"Hello?" He spoke into the phone.

"Jimin, you headass, what are you doing?" You hissed, about done with him. Across the room, he chuckled softly, as if you had said something amusing.

"Yeah, I'll be right there," he said. Before your surprised self could open your mouth, he ended the call, saying something to the girl next to him, who now looked just as lost as you.

"What the hell..." You trailed off as he walked away from the girl. "What is he trying to do?"

"Trust me, you wouldn't want to know." You flinched as the new voice spoke up right next to you. Slowly turning your head to the side, you found an amused-looking Taehyung standing beside you, a shot glass nestled in his fingers as he leaned against the bar.

He smiled. "So, what's up?"