thank you

First off, WATTPAD FIX YOURSELF.

Second of all, apparently HTBAH hit 200K+ reads and around 20K votes.

As if I needed more proof of how precious you all are.

For my third point, the reason I created this book was to have a main character who was flawed, and realistically obsessed with the guy who she knew wasn't good for her. Similar to how we neglect our homework for Bangtan Bombs, though we know it's not good for us in the long run.

In my opinion, it is human nature to neglect your own self-care for something you simply want. And I know her behaviour pissed off you guys, but I think it wouldn't be fair to blame her for her actions.

It's like having the biggest crush ever.

So kudos those of you who didn't take sides, though I know it was very hard so I don't judge. I still love you all equally!

And even while subtly portraying a sort of dark theme, this book still presented this within a cliché storyline. And that was to get you guys warmed up.

Fourthly.

You see this adorable, cute, simply aw puppy right there?

And this cute wittle kitten with her cute wittle sweater and her big eyes and soft, silky fur?

You know what's cuter?

You.

You're perfect.

I love you!

Okay, I won't say I 'never imagined this book would hit 200K' because hell, I definitely daydreamed about it. Almost everyone does it, come on!

But one thing I never did, was actually expect it to reach this level. I thought that stuff would remain in my bored-during-math-class daydreams.

So you technically helped me achieve my dreams. And I cannot thank you enough for that.

Peace out.

Love,
Manx

200220 | new note

it's been two years since htbah first hit one million.

it's over ten million reads and roughly 400K votes now. over the past two and a half years, i have gotten so much love and support from so many people all around the world that i couldn't repay all of it even if i worked for a thousand years.

there are times when i look at this book and think about how spectacularly i failed to portray the idea i wanted to portray, but there are also times when i read a really nice comment someone left on a paragraph. so many people have been inspired to write their own stories because of lil old me and that makes me feel a degree of pride i could never show on paper.

i've grown in many ways since i first wrote this book, and both my writing and experiences differ significantly from the me of 2017, but whenever i read this book, i see a part of me that will forever be inseparable from who i am. now, even though i feel like deleting this book forever at times, i know i probably never will. maybe it's the nostalgia, or maybe i don't want to forget my roots. i don't know, and i probably never will.

but thank you to all of you who gave me a chance, read through all the typos and annoying mc moments and looked at the potential i had, the black swan this ugly duckling is growing into.

and i'll keep growing.

much love, 
Manx.