21 | Mozzarella

"We should do it again sometime," Taehyung smiled at you as you joined him in the hallway. "The date, I mean. I mean, if you want to—"

"I'd love to, Tae," you said, cutting him off with a smile before he could make the conversation unnecessarily complicated. You'd had enough awkwardness for the day.

"I, uh." He laughed cutely, scratching the back of his head in slight embarrassment as if the next statement was going to be weird. "So...where do you want to go next?" Okay, yes, it was weird.

"Anywhere is fine," you answered, unable to wipe the excited smile off your face despite your confusion. The pace was just right for you, and even though Taehyung managed to slip in words that hinted at a faster relationship, you were ready to ignore his advances if it meant that the whole thing worked out in the end.

"You should choose this time." Taehyung bit his lip, eyebrows jumping. "It's only fair, since I chose last time."

Also, I don't know where to take you. The unspoken words were written all over his face.

"Maybe somewhere classic?" You said, trying to hide the fact that you had no idea how second dates worked. First dates were open to personality, but choosing a location for the second date was always a nightmare. Not like fanfics, where anything applied.

"Classic?" He laughed. "So you want me to show up outside your balcony in the middle of the night like Romeo?"

This was another example of his throw-you-off-guard tactics, but you usually passed them off with a laugh or a shrug of the shoulders. It was another case when he was walking right next to you, eyes boring into yours as if expecting you to respond similarly.

Well, he wasn't getting it. There was no way you would play at his word game until you managed to pull his soon to be sorry ass through at least eighty five dates.

"Well," you started, tucking your lower lip between your teeth as you observed the sweaty collar of a person walking before of the two of you. "I meant, like a...typical date."

"Hm." He licked his lips. "You're not exactly a typical girl, though."

You blinked, a little confused.

Taehyung grinned at your expressiong, touching your cheek. "You're special to me!"

Your wide, awkward smile reached its widest, most awkward phase as the words left his mouth. There wasn't enough time or privacy to google 'how to take a compliment well' at that moment, so you kept the said wide, awkward smile in its place and hoped it wouldn't scare him away.

"It's just that—" You tried to reign in your smile from stretching over your ears. "You're so cheesy!"

"If that makes you happy, I'll be mozzarella." He winked, his hand reaching down to intertwine your fingers with his.

The gesture made you feel warm right down to your toes, fingertips tingling at his touch. You wouldn't be surprised if someday your hands blushed too. "But back to the actual topic we were discussing..."

"Ah, yes." Taehyung nodded thoughtfully. "So where would you like our next date to be?"

The word date sent little tingles of pleasure down your spine, making your toes curl in excitement. "Something simple..."

"I see," he said, then chuckled. "Did I scare you with the whole classy French restaurant for a first date thing?"

"No, that's not it." You shook your head, trying to get the nightmarish mental image of French dish names stylized in an elegant font out of your mind. "Just wanted to try out something else."