CHAPTER FIFTEEN - THE START

I stayed there, completely dumbfounded, as I watched Michael take his disguise off

I stayed there, completely dumbfounded, as I watched Michael take his disguise off. I couldn't believe how stupid I was not to see it was him. For the first time in a long time, work kept me so busy that I totally forgot about him and his visit to the hospital. To be completely honest, I probably thought it wouldn't happen, that he wouldn't come back another time.

But he did, he was there.

When he was completely uncovered, I tried to gain my composure back and focus on Charlie who was crying tears of joy when he realized his idol was standing in the same room as him. He opened his arms widely as Michael approached his bed to give him a needed hug. The little boy was shaking, and holding on Michael's neck for dear life. He wouldn't let him go, and witnessing this was the best feeling in the world. Bringing joy to people was always what made me complete and happy. Seeing him this happy brought tears in my own eyes and a wide smile on my face.

As I was watching the joyful scene just before my eyes, Mrs. Northman came to me and gave me a hug. Just like her son, her whole body was shaking as she sobbed quietly on my shoulder. I giggled through my tears and rubbed her back gently for comfort. I knew this mattered as much as it mattered for her son. Not because she liked Michael as much as Charlie, but because he was happy, and from what she told me, it had been a while since she saw her son smiling like that.

"Be careful, don't hurt your leg," Michael's soft voice warned with a little giggle as Charlie wouldn't let him go.

"Oh Michael, is this really you?" the little boy asked him with the same tears in his eyes, as I pulled away from his mother.

"Yes, this is me," he answered once Charlie let go of him. "I've heard you wanted to meet me," he smiled, rubbing the kid's hair gently.

"B—But who told you that?"

"Let's say a little bird told me," he chuckled, as he briefly looked in my direction.

"Brit?" Charlie called, looking at me as well

"Brit?" Charlie called, looking at me as well. "Did you call Michael?"

"Well, it—it's more complicated than that," I explained, as I walked closer to him. "But let's say I made this happen, yeah."