CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR - BROKEN

I stood still in the middle of the living room, looking at the bloody frame on the ground, unable to make a move or speak a word as panic was taking over me

I stood still in the middle of the living room, looking at the bloody frame on the ground, unable to make a move or speak a word as panic was taking over me. I felt my lungs inflating in my chest, as it started to become difficult for me to breathe properly after Hayden's hypothesis. My brother put both of his hands on my shoulders, but I couldn't take my eyes off of the ground. I could barely feel his touch, as if fear anesthetized my whole body and mind. I knew I had to react, do something – anything – but my body wasn't reacting, and my head shut down completely.

"You need to keep breathing," Hayden encouraged me, as he inhaled and exhaled in sync with me

"You need to keep breathing," Hayden encouraged me, as he inhaled and exhaled in sync with me. "I—I don't know what to do either, so I need you right now. I—I need you to be okay, Hale," he begged, as he cupped my face in his hands.

Finally, I found the strength to look at him and instantly my eyes filled with tears as I reconnected with reality. My whole body started shaking as I realized I must had been the reason behind all of this. If Jack was actually here and took Latoya away, it was because he understood he had been played when he saw the picture of Michael and I. Latoya lied to him and kept in touch with her brother, and she lied about me not being related to the Jacksons at all.

"We need to go," I suddenly said in a stern yet trembling voice. As I was barefooted, I put some sneakers on in a swift motion, and grabbed Hayden's car keys from the table. "Move!"

"W—wait, where are we even going?"

"I know where Jack is staying, let's go!" I insisted again, as my brother didn't move an inch. "If you're not coming, then I'll go by myself, I don't fucking care," I let him know in a stern tone.

"Hayley, stop! You can't go there by yourself, and you certainly can't go there with alcohol in your blood!" Hayden yelled back, as he came from behind me. "Stop!" he demanded again, as he put his hands on the sides of my arms, which made me stop what I was doing. "Do you hear me? We can't go there, we don't know what happened! I was just assuming here!"

"No matter what happened, I need to find Latoya and this is the only place where I can find her," I told him, tears streaming down my face. "Now whether you're coming, or not, I'm going, no matter what you say," I harshly said, yanking his hands off of me.