CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT - HAYVENHURST

June 23rd, 1991

June 23rd, 1991

Dear Diary,

Work has kept me busy for the past few weeks, but I couldn't be happier about it. I missed the hospital so much. Kyle finally got to go home after everything he's been through, and the goodbyes were quite painful. I was happy he was going home, though. I miss his little face already, but I really hope he won't come back there ever again, unless it is to show me how strong he is. Carl and I succeeded in our mission to heal him, and I couldn't be prouder of the work we accomplished.

I'm not the only one to work a lot, though. Michael has been running everywhere for the past couple of months. From the nightly studio sessions to some business meetings here and there concerning the upcoming release of his first single, the planning of Liz's wedding at Neverland... we were barely able to see each other. The loft looks like a flower shop because of the many bouquets Michael sends a week, but I'm not complaining. It shows that he misses me probably as much as I miss him.

But today is finally the day I get to finally see him again. Not at the loft, not at the ranch... at Hayvenhurst. Am I freaking out? I am. I know it sounds silly since I already met Michael's parents, but Michael decided to tell them about us, and I am nervous about that part. I know they like me, but I am still scared that something is going to go wrong. Am I being pessimistic? Yeah, I mos definitely am.

Talking about family gathering... Grams and I are still barely talking. The only time we managed to talk ended up in yet another fight concerning my relationship with Hayden. She doesn't like the fact that he is taking so much place in my life in such a small period of time. She's probably afraid that he is going to replace her, at some point, which is complete non sense. I just wish we could be a family, like normal people.

I still wasn't able to tell her about me and Michael either. I don't even know if I should tell her or not, to be honest. She's made her point clear about me helping him in the—

As I was about to finish my sentence, I received a pillow right in my face, which caused me to scribble my last words down. When I looked up with confusion written all over my face, Carl was standing at the doorstep of my room with Alice hiding behind him and looking over his shoulder. My boss crossed his arms on his chest and gave me a look.

"There she goes, we finally managed to catch her attention," Carl told his girlfriend, and I frowned some more.

"What the fuck did I do to deserve that now?" I asked, throwing the pillow back at them, which Carl caught in his hands.