CHAPTER SIXTY ONE - MAKE A CHANGE

February 28th, 1992

February 28th, 1992

Dear Diary,

I don't even know where to start this, this last month has been totally crazy. I'm on the plane back from Africa right now, and this whole trip has been the best thing that's happened to me. It was so great that we even extended our stay. We met hundreds of kids there, in orphanages, in hospitals, and in tiny villages. Michael was over the moon. I just can't forget his happy face when he was around the kids. He had the time of his life, I can tell. The way they all danced together, and how they were all happy to just be with each other made my heart flutter with joy.

This whole trip started on the best terms, for Michael organized the best Valentine's day for me. It started on the plane, where he had a giant breakfast prepared for the both of us to enjoy, but he also had our hotel room filled with flowers and a fine dinner. The icing on the cake was probably when he gifted me one of his shirt where he had my name embroidered on the front pocket. Of course, he made sure to wear it before he gave it to me, so that it smelled just like him. He said it would help me remember him while he is on tour. How foolish of him to think I would forget about him.

I lost count on how many times Michael told me I was great with kids throughout our visits in hospitals and orphanages. He started telling me this when I took care of a few children back at the second hospital we visited. The doctors clearly needed backup and advice on their sickness, so I gladly offered my help. This is the main reason why we extended our stay, because they both wanted me to stay a little longer. Saying goodbye was very hard, especially to Faraji.

But the most unforgettable thing that's happened there was when Michael was crowned King in a little village on the Ivory Coast. He became Michael Jackson Amalaman Anoh, Chief of the Agni and King of the Sanwi. An actual king. How crazy is that?

"I don't know what you're writing in there, but you keep smiling and I love it," Michael's voice was heard, and I looked from my journal to him, who was seated across from me. My legs were extended on his lap, as he was gently rubbing them while he was holding War And Peace with his other hand.

"Just reminiscing how great this trip was," I evasively answered, as I closed my journal on my lap. "And how my boyfriend became an actual king there."