CHAPTER TWENTY - RENDEZVOUS

I stayed frozen for some long seconds, totally speechless

I stayed frozen for some long seconds, totally speechless. I was used to seeing things when it came to Michael, but I didn't see that coming. It was pretty weird to have Michael Jackson call me on my work place, so I wondered why he did, and started to freak out on the inside. Was it the day everything started between him and I? Was it the moment we actually started the friendship I discovered in my visions?

As on cue, a piercing sound only I could hear came to my ears, and as I closed my eyes, I saw myself in front of giant golden gates on which was written Neverland. Animals were running everywhere on the property, and in the distance, I recognized Michael. There was like a blurred veil on the images I was seeing, which prevented me from having a distinct vision of them.

I didn't know how some visions could be clearer than others. Was it because the moment I was seeing was far away from the present moment? Or because Michael was far away from me, physically speaking?

So many questions were, again, left unanswered.

"Is this Hayley Thames?" Michael asked which tear me away from the chaos inside my head. I mentally slapped myself for being awkward again.

"Herself, yes," I said, trying to gain my composure back. I walked behind the desk and sat on the comfy leather chair. "Who's this?" I played dumb, I didn't want to seem too excited or just... weird.

"I—It's Michael Jackson," he announced in this soft voice of his, stammering a bit. "I am so, so sorry for bothering you at work, but I didn't have your phone number registered, so I figured I'd just call the hospital. Is it ok? I don't want you to think I'm the smothering kind of person—"

"Michael, everything is fine, don't worry," I reassured him. He seemed nervous, his voice sounded much higher than the night prior. "I'm just a little surprised... b—but happily surprised," I added quickly. "I didn't think you'd call back, to be honest," I sincerely admitted with yet another nervous giggle.

"I just—I hate the way I hung up yesterday. I had this melody in my head, a—and I needed to record it right away, and this is why I seemed so off and distracted. I wanted to apologize for this," he explained, and I could just feel how sincere his speech was.

"Oh, Michael," I giggled slightly. "This is so sweet of you to call back to apologize, but you don't have anything to apologize for. I get that you are a busy person, and I am honored that you give me some of your precious time by calling me. I was a bit distracted last night as well, and I gotta admit that I thought that you were running away from my awkward self," I snickered at myself, and Michael laughed back which got my smile wider.