CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN - NATURAL

July 22nd, 1992

July 22nd, 1992

Dear Diary,

Last night's shift was draining. I needed to come back home to get some rest, but my heart and mind stayed at the hospital. When I left, Faraji wasn't feeling quite good, but I know Carl is going to take care of him until I come back in the afternoon. It's been three weeks since Carl performed his surgery, and he has had up and downs since. Of course, it's a pretty heavy surgery, so we expected that. But there's this feeling inside of me that's telling me there's something wrong with the little one. If I'm being honest with myself, this is probably linked to the vision I had during my coma. Ever since that day, I asked Carl and Alice to check his vitals every hour, since I am no longer his doctor.

Before Michael left for his tour, I made sure he could spend some time with him. I took him to Neverland before the surgery, and Michael came to the hospital with a different disguise than the last time to check on him, and Faraji was the happiest little guy. But, just like me, he seems weaker since Michael left.

It's been practically a month since he's gone, and it has been pretty hard for me to get a hold of him. Everytime he finds some time to call me, he sounds exhausted already, and of course it worries me but I try to keep it to myself. Michael knows how hard it must be for me not to be able to talk to him on a daily basis, so he sends postcards with little notes on it, and it never fails to make me smile. I miss him a lot, but I know that he's doing what he loves, and I that his fans have been waiting for years to see him on stage again.

I closed my journal, and put it back on the window seat where I was seated

I closed my journal, and put it back on the window seat where I was seated. I looked by the window at the cloudless blue sky, and sighed heavily, wondering where Michael was. I took the pendant he got me in my hands, trying to feel him close to me for an instant as his absence weighted heavily on me.

I yawned, and it was my cue to finally go to bed. I slipped into Michael's shirt, and crawled into my cold bed, alone, craving for my boyfriend's presence. I stared at the phone on my nightstand, hoping it would ring at any minute, or that I could just picked it up and give him a call. But I didn't know where he was, probably in Germany or in Belgium. All I knew for sure was that he was somewhere in Europe, making people's lives better by being next to them. Because, after all, this is what Michael did, improving people's lives by being the greatest human being and entertainer this Earth had even known.