CHAPTER SIXTY THREE - BIG DAY

A/N: Well well, looks like 'Big Day' rimes with big chapter! Hope you'll enjoy this one as much as I loved writing it, guys. 

__

March 10th, 1992

Dear Diary,

It was important for me to take the time to lay my thoughts on here today, even though I have a panicked best friend to deal with. Yeah, today is Al's big day, the day she's going to say 'I do' to the love of her life. As I'm writing those words, tears of joy are pooling my eyes. I remember those conversations we had, when we were just teens, about how our wedding would look like, and how our husbands would be like. We dreamed, like thousands of little girls out there, to have a man who would always put us first, and who would love us unconditionally for the rest of his days, and this is what she found in Carl. After a difficult start, they managed to find their way back to each other, and I couldn't be happier about it.

Yesterday was Alice's bachelorette party that I organized with Latoya's help. I was happy to see that everybody had a great night, especially Latoya. Being away from Jack and living her life on her own made her happy again, and I never missed a chance to point that out to her.

These past ten days have been quite intense, but I am more than happy to have had the chance to organize my best friends' wedding. Michael has been quite busy too, and we didn't find a moment to see each other. But since Carl chose him as his best man because of his brother's inability to make it to the wedding, today is also the day I'll see my boyfriend again.

Today is going to be a wonderful day.

I put a final period to my sentence, and smiled genuinely as I closed my journal. I adjusted the roses Michael sent in the vase, and took the waffles out of the waffle iron, that same happy expression plastered on my face.

I woke up quite early to be able to prepare breakfast for Alice, Latoya and Alice's mother, Ruth. Today was going to be stressful, so starting the day with a consistent breakfast was a plus. When I was done cutting the fruits and making the waffles, I went down the hall to Carl's bedroom. Of course, the groom spent the night out of the loft, as the tradition wanted him to.

When I opened the door, I chuckled under my breath at the sight of my
best fried, who was sleeping with her mouth opened and half of her body out of the bed. I opened the curtains of the room, and jumped on her bed to wake her up. It took her half a second to open her eyes, and to curse me out.

"Why you gotta be a pain in the ass? Go away!" she said, throwing a pillow in my direction. "It's too early for your shit," she groaned, covering her face with the sheets.

"My shit?" I laughed out loud, as I sat down next to her and uncovered her face. "You're getting married today, and I prepared a big breakfast for your dumbass. You're welcome."

"You did?" she innocently asked, uncovering her eyes only.

"I did," I verified with a smile. "And your mom called this morning, she's coming over for breakfast as well."

"She's going to be sad when she sees Latoya here and not Michael," she sighed dramatically before she burst into laughter.