CHAPTER FORTY FOUR - FRIENDSHIP

A/N: hey guys, I'm sorry for the wait! I'm back with a long and, in my opinion, boring chapter. But next one is going to be... lively. Enjoy!

-- -- --

April 24th, 1991

Dear Diary,

It's crazy how time flies by when you're here, at Neverland. I feel like I arrived here only a couple of days ago, while in reality, I have been there for a couple of weeks. It's actually the first time I have spare time to write in here since I got here. It's crazy how this place makes me forget about everything that's been going on in my life lately. It's just about me and Michael here. We're not afraid of people catching us, Michael can be himself and doesn't have to wear any disguise to sneak into my home without being recognized... I just understand how much he loves this place. Behind those gates, he's free to be himself without fearing that people would judge him, or call him weird.

After my appointment at the hospital, I stayed over there for the rest of the day, but when I got home, I had a message from Michael on my answering machine who explained that he got mobbed while going back here, so he went back to Neverland. He was very down, so that's when I decided I was going to Neverland to surprise him. Thankfully, Bill was at the gates when Alice and I got there, so he let us in without telling Michael. The look on his face was precious when I came in the house: he was over the moon.

I loved seeing Alice this way, too. She looked like a little girl in a candy store. Her eyes were filled with amazement, she couldn't believe that she was in Michael Jackson's house. It was funny and cute at the same time. We both slept in my room, and I spent most of the night answering her questions about my future with Michael. She was really excited about all of this.

I sneaked out in the middle of the night, though. I got used to sleeping next to Michael, because it made me feel safe. His breathing had something soothing for me, and feeling his body heat against me was the greatest feeling ever.

I couldn't seem to leave this place, and I had this feeling deep inside of me that this precious time we were spending together wasn't meant to last. I couldn't start to explain how or why, but I could feel it. For once, I wish I had a vision about it, though. But ever since I woke up from my coma, it's like they almost disappeared. I still had them, from time to time, but they were less frequent, like everything changed since Michael and I kissed. What if I was done with the pain, now? What if my gift evolved again?

I sighed heavily, and put my journal on the ground next to the sun lounger I was laying on. The weather was incredibly soft and warm for this time of the year. I enjoyed the feeling of every sun ray reflecting on my skin as I watched the few clouds moving in the sky through my sunglasses. I had been out there for a whole hour, just enjoying the softness of the air while Michael was in his dance studio with one of his choreographer. Of course, we were still undercover. He introduced me as one of his friends, and I was perfectly fine with it. I didn't want to do anything that could jeopardize our relationship.

Just as the doctor ordered, I got rid of my sling and I was now free to move my arm. I couldn't lift anything heavy, nor do sports or other things involving shoulder movements for another six weeks, but I could definitely do more things now. My ribs were slowly healing as well, and it was way easier for me to breathe now. Little by little, my accident became an incident of the past, and I was determined to let it there, in the past.

Curious of knowing what Michael was doing, I decided to go check on him in the dance studio. He had been in there for a couple of hours, and I had no idea of what he was working on. The first thing I heard when I came in was the loud booming of his new song, Black or White. I remembered hearing a part of it during one of my episodes. I pushed the door open, only to see Michael and LaVelle dance in sync to the beat. Michael gave up on his red shirt, and it was now tied around his waist, which left him in his white v-neck undershirt. I leaned against the door frame and watched them – or should I say him – move his body perfectly.