CHAPTER FORTY SIX - SIBLINGS

A/N: Hey guys, so here is the first chapter of the day, another one should follow real soon! Double update, yay! Stay tuned! 😁
__ __

The atmosphere around the loft was freezing. My grandmother stood there, just before Hayden and I. She had this fear in her eyes, and I could easily see how uneasy she felt just by her body language. With a trembling hand, she put the little basket she had  on the bar, on her left, never making eye contact with either of us. She didn't know what to say, and she probably knew that she didn't have a good enough reason to give me that would make this okay.

"Apparently you recognized Hayden, huh?" I broke the silence. "Just to be sure, I'll introduce him to you," I said on a sarcastic note, ignoring the huge lump that was forming in my throat, and the anger boiling in me. "So this is Hayden Wilson, he is my brother. The one you hid from me for twenty-nine years."

Grams looked at the floor, but it felt like she wasn't even there. Her body was there, but her mind seemed to be somewhere else.

"I—I'm sorry," she mumbled, finally looking at me in the eyes.

"This is really what you're going to tell me? That you're sorry, and that's it, Grams?" I asked, completely stunned.

"What do you expect me to say, Hayley?" she harshly asked me, once she seemed out of her trance.

"I want you to explain why the fuck did you do that to me? Why did you tell Hayden to stay away from me when you knew that he might be different too?" I yelled at that point, walking closer to her. "Why did you do that to me?"

"Is he? Different?" is all she asked, ignoring my questions.

"I'm right here," Hayden chimed in, and I turned my head in his direction. "I think I am the one who should answer this question. Unless you still want to ignore my being here?" he asked, but Grams didn'y answer, instead she gave him the blackest stare I had ever seen before. "Anyway, yes, I am. Hayley and I are the same, and now she knows about me, there's nothing you can say or do that would make me leave."

Hayden spoke in a stern voice. He didn't want our grandmother to take anymore decision for me, and I didn't either. The only person I wanted out of the loft was my her, because I could feel anger boiling in me, little by little.

"You can't stay around her," Grams told him, and it was too much for me to take. She was going too far.

"I'm going to ask you to leave, Grams. Hayden is going nowhere," I said through gritted teeth.

"Did he tell you?" she asked, looking from Hayden to me. "Did he tell you everything about him?"

"I know what I need to know. I know he is my brother and that I need him. This is all that should matter. You should be happy that I found someone like me, someone that will be able to answer my questions and to reassure me about my fears. What the fuck, Grams?" I asked, my vision blurred by the tears that gathered in my eyes at that point.