The Shattered Next Door Neighbor

You were pretty positive you knew all there was to know about surviving in a Galra prison. If you sulk and look dangerous, guards won't bother you. If you try to go unnoticed, it won't work. Silence will get you taunted. Fight to survive. Show no mercy or emotion.
But these rules fell away one sleepless night in your cell. You were almost the most dangerous prisoner, second only to the man they had brought in a few days ago. You knew it was night because the lights had just turned out in the cells.
You couldn't get any rest; you hardly did now that the Galra has changed you into a soulless husk of the vibrant girl you used to be.
You were staring at the ruts in the ceiling you had long memorized, when you heard a faint noise. You knew the walls weren't soundproof, so it had to be another prisoner. But what surprised you is that it came from the cell in your left; the one with the dangerous man in it.
It was a rustle, like someone tossing in their sleep, and you dismissed it until you heard uneasy muttering. "Matt... Samuel..." This guy was obviously dreaming. Again paying no attention to the noise, you laid down to make an attempt at sleep. But then you heard a pounded noise that the soldiers would relish.
The man cried out in anguish, though you were fairly sure this was just a nightmare. But you felt nothing for him.
Suddenly, there came a panicked scream from his cell, causing you to jump. Something welled up in your heart that had been previously soulless. You felt bad for this man. You began whispering through the thin walls, words of comfort. You didn't know any songs, but you kept whispering until he calmed.
"Hey, chill, it's just a nightmare." You weren't the best at comfort, but you tried anyway. "It'll be fine. Even though we're stuck in a living nightmare. We will be okay. It perfectly fine..." You found yourself speaking more to yourself than the man now, and you are surprised; you didn't know you had it in you anymore.
He finally calmed, and left you wondering in silence what the next day would bring.
============================================================
Authors Notes!!!!!
Hey, so, just say a bunch of these and wanted to try one, sorry if it's bad, it's my first one! :) thanks for reading!