Ah, Those Moody Teen Years

It had been about a week since Allura and Coran had left you here at the castle. The Paladins had been growing at an incredibly fast rate, you guessed because they were 'recovering' from the time loop. Apparently Alteans recover a lot faster than human, though.
The Paladins, now teenagers, were at the Bridge watching Lance play his video game. You heard cheering and a few howls of anger, but other than that it was relatively quiet, considering you had had four kids around for a week. Shiro walked in with a plate of pancakes (you had made him cook breakfast). He yelled, "Pancakes!" and all the Paladins came running, not bothering to look back at the game, except for Lance, who valiantly paused it, per your orders.
You grinned at Shiro, who was doling out pancakes onto the young Paladins plates, and he grinned back. Being a family wasn't all that bad, once you got used to the screaming and the crying and the kids being totally obnoxious when you were trying to have a serious conversation.
Keith had been moving further away from the group, really just being moody. Lance had taken to flirting excessively with you and Pidge, even though he still calls you 'mom' and Pidge 'little sis'. Pidge spends more time on her computer than in the real world, and had learned a few choice words that gave her an edge, especially to those who were too innocent to know some of the more profane words she chose to use. Hunk was eating every second of the day. Literally. Need him for a minute? Nope, wait, just let him grab a bag of popcorn for the chat.
You and Shiro had long learned to be flexible for the Paladins, they were changing every day. You two figured these little changes were what gave them their current personality, but they were still learning how to deal with it. You were pretty sure the Paladins were about 13-14 age wise, but they still acted pretty immature. You turned a corner to find Keith sitting angrily by his door, his expression dark.
"What's up?" You asked, hoping that this teen would for once tell you what he was thinking. "Lance locked my door," He muttered unhappily, glaring at the stubborn pneumatic door.
"And?" You prompted, hoping he'd stop bottling up his emotions.
"And I hate him, he's so annoying, and it's not like I can do anything about it and nobody listens to me and—" the small teenager stopped to take a deep breath, and you could see tears at the corner of his eyes, though he wouldn't let them flow. You, the mother figure, hugged him, against his will, but he subtly leaned into the hug, and you could feel his tears dampen your shirt as he tried not to show he'd been crying.
"You know," you said gently, "You don't always have to be the tough guy. The others won't make fun of you for it. I'll see to that."
He let out a low, muffled laugh and said, "yeah right. Lance would endlessly tease me for that. Whatever, I'll be fine. Thanks, Mom." He pulled away and walked silently into the restroom a few doors down. Shiro walked down the hall just as you stood up, and you reached up on your tiptoes and pressed your lips into his. He responded by pulling you closer, almost off the ground, and you two were strengthened by the knowledge that you were here for each other, no matter what.
Authors Notes
Heyyyyyyyy sorry it seems a bit slow right now, but I promise it will get more interesting. ALSO I am creating a new storyyyyyy it will be an original story, by me, but will use my friend's oc, so yeah. I also will probably start a different story that involves a lot more of 'my' writing, so be prepared!
DISCLAIMER CUZ I CAN: I don't own anything here except the storyline. XD (and maybe Wattpad, cause I have that app, don't I?)