The Calm Before the Storm

Lion speak: -blahdeblah-

You wake up to Lance and Keith, normal-aged, sitting across from each other fuming as Pidge screeches and bonks them on the head, and Hunk makes breakfast. Finally, you think as the Paladins notice you. They are not young anymore!
You smiled at them as Shiro walks in. Suddenly from the control panel, there comes a loud, almost musical bink. You and Shiro exchange surprised glances, then all of you, Paladins included, dashed to the bridge, where a comm request was glowing. Quickly, you accept, and Allura's face comes into view.
"Paladins! We need Voltron! We are only a few doboshes away, but you must hurry! The Galra are coming, and they do not sound happy!" The Paladins jump up and dash to their hangars. "As for you, (Y/N)," Allura continues. "Go to your room. There will be a hand scanner just showing itself. Scan yourself in, then, if it works, I want you to get out and help Voltron, if possible."
"Wait-" you tried to ask her, but the comm fuzzed over with static and then ended, cutting you off abruptly. Deciding to go see what this was all about, you head to your room, where, emerging robotically from the wall, was a glowing blue hand scanner. As soon as it stopped moving, you lightly rested your hand on it.
It scanned your hand, then, you had to wait for 5 breathless ticks before it turned green, and your whole back wall hissed away to reveal a huge, three-lion hangar. Resting inside the massive hangar were, instead of the classic colors black, blue, red, yellow, and blue that you were used to, a surprisingly and incredibly small white lion, a large bronze lion, and a medium gold lion.
You stepped in, head craned up in awe at the lions. A mechanical voice echoed from the hangar as you neared the white lion, only a bit bigger than an Altean pod. "The white, gold, and bronze lions were created by Alfore right before Altea was destroyed, to keep the excess comet from Zarkon. The lions are not necessary to forming Voltron, but are upgrades that allow for new abilities."
You stepped towards the small white craft that seemed to be calling you, and it opened it's mouth and leaned forward, a walkway opening for you to enter the lion. You tentatively stepped inside, and the lion closed its mouth. Being inside the lion felt like a piece of you had been missing your whole life, and you'd finally just found it without even knowing.
The lion let out a loud roar, and the whole top of the castle came off, allowing you to fly out, the roof returning to its original position behind you. Up above you, Voltron was getting their butts kicked by Zarkon's huge central command ship. You zoomed toward them, and, wondering if it would do anything, you yelled, "Form Voltron!"
Your lion, in almost the blink of an eye, transformed and attached itself to Voltron. Suddenly, you heard, -(Y/N).-
You looked around, wondering who that was.
Again, echoing in the small space, -hello, (Y/N). I am the white lion.-
"Whoa," you breathed, realizing that, unlike the other paladins, your lion would talk to you in clear words.
-Welcome to Voltron.-
"Where do we fit in? On Voltron, I mean," you asked excitedly.
-The white lion is the crown of Voltron, and, though you do not steer anything, you are valuable because of your free-handedness in battle. The white lion and its Paladin give extra energy to the other paladins and lions, making us useful when Voltron is having a hard fight. You also strengthen the bond between the lions, helping the black Paladin hold them all together.-
"Wow... so what can I call you?"
-I prefer Quartz, if it's not too much trouble.-
"Quartz," you repeated out loud. "I like that."
Suddenly, from in front of you, a huge explosion abruptly made Voltron fall flat on its back. You could tell the Paladins were worn out as Voltron slowly got back up, and you saw a button in the shape of a lightning bolt, which you pressed.
Voltron popped up now, more energized than ever, and ready to fight the ship.
-Timeskip-
Together, Team Voltron had driven off Zarkon's central command ship, but they'd probably be back. You gently set Quartz down in the Altean hangar as the top closed silently. You walked down the hall to hear the babbling of young paladins.
"Did you see that? I was all ughhhh but then that energy burst came, and I was all like, bachoo, bachoo!"
"Aaa that was SO COOL!!"
"Where did my ranch go?"
You walked in and greeted them. "Hi, guys. What's up?"
The Paladins proceeded to tell you the whole tale of their epic battle, including the mysterious gunshots and energy bursts that came outta nowhere.
Smiling, you told them, "Oh, yeah. Quartz and me had a great time too."
"Who is Quartz?" Lance asked, confused.
"The white lion—my lion." You responded.
A look of shock registered on everyone's face, except Allura, who had just walked in with a bunch of stuff. She handed them all to you, and told you that "You will want these, from now on. I suggest you go try them out."
You wen to your room and put on the white armor, accented with gray and other colors, all light pastels. The other was an entirely white bayard, that you realized you could change its form to whatever is most useful. You turned it into a staff, and walked in, the others, upon seeing you, cheering and hugging you.
"So, the white Paladin now, huh?" Shiro had sidled up next to you and you grinned at him. He took off your helmet and inspected it, noting the superior design compared to his own. He set it on the table next to you, and you traced his scar on his nose gently. He smiled down at you, and you pulled him into an embrace that turned into a passionate kiss.
"I love you." You whispered softly in his ear as you and the Paladins walked to the bridge to run some scans and find some Galra.
"I love you too," Shiro whispered back, just before the ceiling caved in and in descended an odd-looking Galra ship. You saw Haggar atop it, shooting the exits and preventin your escape. You watched her from behind a table, then, just as a jet of magic purple lightning shot at Shiro, who was trying to get his foot out from under some rubble, you pulled up your shield and threw your staff, the effect of this being Haggar was attacked at the same moment you were protecting Shiro.
Just then, per Haggar's orders, you were surrounded by Druids, and projections of Druids. You saw one creating lightning, but you tried to swipe at it and it disappeared. Blam! Multiple blasts of lightning zoomed at you from all direction, hitting you, and you fell to the ground.
The room swirled around you, and your whole torso was practically on fire. You felt something cold clamp around your wrist, but you couldn't think, and just before your world turned black, you saw Haggar's leering face above you, and her wicked laughter echoing in your brain.

Authors Notes
Heyyyyy hope this was interesting enough!!!!! :) also sry I haven't updated in a while, but uh.. I was working on a draft.... ANYWAY IM HERE NOW SO YAYYYYYY!!!