Memory and Escape

You though you had seen and felt everything the Galra could do to you. But when you foolishly made a snide remark at Haggar, that drove her off the edge. She ranted and venomously promised you "a punishment worse than death." You were pretty sure that nothing could be worse than what was happening to you now, but still you were scared for the future. Haggar had continued experiments, and now she could control whether you died or not. So, in the Ring, you had been sliced in half and suffered an agonizing week of bodily repairs before you were allowed to see Shiro again.
Now, you two waited, chained to opposite walls, in Haggar's ritual room. Finally, the door screeched open, and Haggar entered, for once alone. Shiro was standing defiantly, but you were slumped against the wall. Haggar stood in the center, raising her arms as purple energy began filling the room. She eventually left, but so far, nothing had happened. The light grew stronger, and then you felt it. A slight draining that grew stronger, sucking what seemed to be your life force away. You almost immediately fell to your knees, but Shiro, being the human that he was, stayed up for 5 doboshes before eventually crumpling.
It was pure agony, and suddenly, something filled your vision. You were violently thrown into your worst nightmare - when you last left your family. It was followed by a horrid vision of your family dying, you returning with Shiro to your planet, then Shiro being dragged off by guards. You could hear their screams, feel the blood of your sister, taste the gritty sand always lingering in your planet's air.
But, a dobosh or two later, the scene cleared, and you were left limp on the cold, now dark floor of the ritual room. You now knew that there was a punishment worse than death. You realized you could not stand, not even crawl across the room to seek refuge with Shiro. In fact, he seemed to be in a worse state than you.
You were left wondering, alone, how you got thrown into this horrid, sadistic mess by that psycho witch, and how, if ever, you were going to get out.