Scream, and the Flame Won't Touch You

You reclined in your woven seat around the dining table of a hut you and the team had built in planet Forieya. You, nearly asleep, nodded, ignoring the bustle of young paladins going about their day.
Suddenly, a scream echoed from the town square in the village you guys were staying in. You immediately rose and dashed to the scene to see what was going on. An alien was laying, burning, on the ground at a Priest's feet. These aliens had commoners, Priests, who could do magic, and Royalty, who were even more powerful than Priests.
This Priest was obviously a Fire Priest, but what was he doing out here in a small village? The Priest called in a booming voice, "Paladins of Voltron! I am Shorakor, Fire Priest of the Western country of Gesthial! If you do not submit to me, you will be destroyed!"
You couldn't help but laugh. How was he, a rash alien with no backup, supposed to defeat team Voltron? You and the team exchanged glances, simultaneously agreeing on your plan of action.
You walked up to the Priest as if you were going to surrender, then suddenly engaged him in combat from the front. Keith and Lance snuck up behind Shorakor and began dueling him on that side, and Shiro, Hunk, Pidge, and Allura wove in between you three, giving the Priest a tough fight.
It seemed like you were going to win, when Shorakor let out a howl so piercing it almost froze you in place. That hesitation, from all of you, was what led to the pulse of black flame that boomed from Shorakor, hitting each of you. You screamed as you saw your teammates fall; for some reason, the fire didn't hurt you, though.
Suddenly, wherever you stepped, the ring of fire would disappear. You ran up to the chuckling Priest and clocked him upside the head, stabbing him decidedly with Keith's bayard (which you had picked up as you ran) and killing him, but not before the Priest's sharp, shiny dagger slid a goodly way down and into your thigh. You stumbled over to Shiro, the only paladin still burning from the massive fire.
When the fire finally extinguished and his convulsions stopped, the other paladins, having already recovered, were crowded around you two. You worriedly put a shaky hand on Shiro's pale forehead. It felt way too cold for comfort. Scared for what your heart knew in an instant, you checked his pulse.
His heart was not beating.
Tears began to stream down your face. This couldn't be happening! "No, no, no, no," you mumbled in horror. The other paladins tried to pry you off Shiro, but you resisted them, remembering something the Olkari had done. You couldn't remember all the words, so you put a gentle hand on his chest, where the fire had last burned, and one on his muscled neck, where, not knowing what you were really doing, you began chanting under your breath, "Please live Shiro, gadash fom Shiro," over and over. You just repeated please live, either in your language or his, over and over.
You didn't even notice when your hand began to glow a bright, Altean blue. The energy flowed from you to him, and, just when you felt as if you could do no more, Shiro took a deep, painful breath. He began coughing violently, but he was alive!
The paladins stared at you in awe, but you just cradled Shiro's head until he was able to get up. All of you still wobbly, the Paladins practically had to carry you and Shiro to the Castle, but that was fine with you two. Then, just as you were about to pass out anyway, you were slid into a healing pod, the pain from your leg washing away in a cool wave of relief.