Reforged

"Fine. We'll join you." Shiro nods. But you will have to come with us. Staying here won't be good for any of us."
"Alright. Prepare for a staged escape tomorrow morning. Take any opportunities during it. Otherwise, I will have to use a... different means of escape." We nod and Lotor releases us to the main cell. We haven't seen them for ages and the other Paladins crowd around us, hugging and smiling. You notice the near-hopeless look on Lance's face which he so valiantly tries to hide.
"Guys, we're escaping tomorrow," you smile nervously, trading concerned glances with Shiro. He steps out of the giant group hug and breathes deeply, finally managing to say, "Lotor will be residing on the Castle of Lions with us. He is helping us escape." Allura looks shocked and angry.
"He can't," She exclaimed, indignant. Her Altean accent thickened with her deepening rage.
"How else are we supposed to escape this god-forsaken ship?" That was Lance. You catch Keith eyeing Lance with an unreadable expression, and Keith decided to speak saying, "I agree with Lance. We don't have a lot of options in the way of escaping."
Pidge frowned. "I don't trust him."
"Well, of course not," You nodded. "But as soon as we get him to the castle-ship, we can detain him." Allura's flaming fury settled into simmering anger, her brows creasing in unhappiness.
"Fine," Allura balled her fists. "But if he puts ONE TOE out of line," she growled. "I get the first punch." We all laugh and agree with Allura.
Liberation, you think as we settle down. Another chance at escape. It's weird to think about how far I've come. I was soulless... wow. Aren't I glad that I met the Paladins. A small smile crosses your face. The capability to smile... a precious gift. The lights suddenly shutter off, except for dim outer lighting in the halls. The door scrapes open suddenly. A raspy voice grates, "Champion... come here..." you watch with clenched teeth as your Shiro walks stiffly to the door. The light that had flooded in was abruptly snuffed out as Shiro left the room, accompanied by Haggar.
It's alright, he'll be fine, you tell yourself, your concern bringing you near tears. After all, this man has been broken, beaten down, oppressed, and has returned multiple times to the source of the nightmare he lived. To accompany that, you will be escaping soon, something you'd rather not have Haggar find out about, and who knows what that evil space witch will do to him. He's had enough. But he keeps fighting. Always.
A few tears do end up sliding down your S/C cheeks, but you brush them away, even though they are invisible in the tar-black darkness. A maniacal giggle claws its way up your throat, but you force it back down, knowing that any noise durning lights-out could be viable for a punishment. The stress is beating on you, but you hold it together, miraculously. For Shiro, you remind yourself. That's all you need. You fall into an uneasy sleep after that, fretting about the days to come, and about the amazing man you love.