Bring Me Home

Shiro's POV
It's silent. Incredibly so. I realize I can't see, either. Suddenly, a huge window shoots open, exposing my eyes to the view of the ship I'm in cruising away from the prison ship. Where the Paladins are. A hoarse, desperate scream claws up my throat, releasing a scream that tears at my throat, reverberating off the thick metal walls, echoing back in my own ears a hundred times, repeating so many times I think I'm going to go insane. And maybe I am. Maybe I already have. My thoughts turn to the Paladins. Are they panicking? Worried about me, or asleep like they should be? Or, have they already discovered my absence and escaped? I don't know how long it's been. Whatever Haggar did to me hurt. And I can't seem to remember much of it. Suddenly, a gas fills the room, triggering my memories for a moment, before taking other ones with it. And as I struggle not to inhale, I fall, blacking out in my prison.

Your POV
When you wake up, your first thought is: Where is Shiro? Then you register that half the Paladins are gone as well, and Pidge explains, "We are escaping one by one. You're next." She smiles and you feel some of your unease settle. Shiro must have already gone. The door slides open a crack and you wrench it open, quickly slipping out, your H/C hair smacking the doorframe as you leave. After about five minutes of dodging, killing and ducking guards, you arrive, out-of-breath, at the hangar. Lotor and his general Axca are waiting for you. Axca orders you to get into the ship, and you do. Suddenly, with a lurch of G-force, you zoom out of the hangar. You only release the coiled-up tension inside of you when you are safely on the castle-ship, Axca gone to pick up Lance, and Pidge just arriving with Zethrid.
You look around carefully, and your heart drops, although you try to keep the despair creeping up on you inside. Where's Shiro?
"What?" Lance asked. You realize you had spoken that aloud.
"Wait, (Y/N) is right," Pidge pipes up. "Where is he?" You internally already knew the answer. We left him. He's still there. Shiro is still there. Your E/C eyes began to fill with watery tears, and you step away, staring at the spatter of brilliant white pinpricks of stars on deep endless blackness through the huge windows in the castle-ship control room. Your tears spill over your fine eyelashes, and you close your eyes, turning your head upward. Your H/C hair flows down your back, and you begin, twisting it between your fingers. It doesn't help the empty feeling growing inside you, but it gives .you something to do with your hands while your sense of nervousness grows.
A chasm starts cracking open in your chest. The other Paladins are discussing what to do, but you have tuned them out, especially at the decision to leave him for now, as we had more important business to attend to. Keith could just take his place. You realize that the sense of emptiness gnawing at you is the same feeling — or lack of feeling — when you were first in the Galra prison.
But it doesn't matter to you anymore. Now that you don't have Shiro at your side, nothing does.

Pidge POV
(Y/N) has been acting really weird. She hasn't been speaking, eating, I don't think she even sleeps. Ever since we made the decision to leave Shiro for now — which tore at all of our hearts, but as Shiro said once, more lives are worth more than just one, the castle has felt really empty.
Allura says, "Okay, Team Voltron. Keith will fill in for Shiro until we get him back. We need to save these planets first, then we can go for Shiro." Her voice is even, but the pain and sadness in her eyes is evident.
Suddnly, (Y/N) bursts out, her voice cracking and at top volume, "YOU CAN'T JUST REPLACE HIM!!! YOU CAN'T JUST PUT SOMEONE IN HIS PLACE BECAUSE IT'S CONVENIENT!!!" She dashed out of the room, leaving us all stunned.
That's not what we were trying to do...

Oof wuzzup, a mythical UPDATE in its natural habitat! Sorry for never updating anything lol I'm just a sad excuse of a writer — I lack any motivation. Have some dead inside yourself!!! Love you guys, and thank you so much for all the viewsssssssssssssss