Life Can Be Lived By The Bold

You had finally finished the plot with Ulaz. He would break Shiro out in a few doboshes, and you, knowing this, made no protest as Shiro was led away. Shiro glanced at you as he was led out, and you sent him a look that said, goodbye, I'll see you again soon. I love you. Be safe.
He seemed confused, but obligingly went with the Druid to the labs. Soon, an alarm blared throughout the facility, and you heard the tell-tale click of a thousand locks turning into place. Just then, you heard an argument ensued outside your door, you could hear Lieutenant Thace and a Druid having a heated conversation about something. Taking the opportunity, you deftly picked the lock with your hands — you could shape-shift but never told anyone for fear of more experiments — and slid silently out the door, somehow managing to ease the door open without a sound.
This was a renowned feat amongst prisoners, for the prison doors were known for their design, purposed to be so obnoxiously noisy and screechy that anyone could tell when a door was opening when it wasn't supposed to be. Quickly, you slid past Thace, which, fortunately for you, was blocking the Druid's view, and bolted down the hall. Your boots made a tell-tale clacking on the cold metal flooring, but the constant clicks were drowned by the flashing red lights blaring the code for an escapee. Whee-naw, whoo-fyu! They screamed at you accusingly as you ran down the numerous halls, already lost in the maze of identical corridors.
A cramp grew in your leg, bursting pain growing and ripping your breath away as your previously even footsteps were turned to the ba-bump of a limp. Your awkward gait made it difficult to hide your heavy footfalls, and as you turned a corner, the alarm died away, leaving your uneven footsteps echoing through the metal hall.
Ba-bump. You heard voices in the distance.
Ba-bump. You hurried to the end of the hall.
Ba-bump. Another long corridor faced you.
Ba-bump. Sendak turned from a side hall and saw you.
Seeing the fearsome commander made you turn and run, but as you were about to leap into an escape pod (you finally found them!) a huge, mechanical hand clamped tightly around your torso, hitting the cramp and tightening your leg even more. The hand, attached to Sendak by a long, purple rope of quintessence, began to retract, drawing you closer and closer to the evil figure. You felt the hand's metal grip tighten around your hip, and you can practically feel your hip bone bending.
You knew Shiro had escaped, but you didn't think you would. After all, Sendak was slowly and agonizingly reeling you in. You heard a sudden crack! and you felt a blast of pain from your hip and back. Your legs were crunched together as Sendak finally dropped you, your busted bone hitting the ground hard and causing you to cry out.
The pain was immobilizing, but probably wouldn't kill you, which was what Sendak was probably aiming for. A Druid menacingly stepped into your blurred sight line, and asked in an echoing, menacing voice that penetrated every nook in your broken, shattered body, "Did you assist in the escape of Champion?"
You felt your breath leave as Sendak placed a heavy foot on your chest, slowly pressing; he had seen the reluctance in your eyes. Finally, when you could no longer bear the lack of breath, added to the pain of the snapped hip bone that Sendak was further crushing, you managed to gasp out, "Yes, it was me."