A Life In The Dark Makes The Light Seem Brighter

-Timeskip-
It's been about three years since you last saw Shiro. Since then, you had been tormented beyond imagination, experimented on more times than you could count, and killed innumerable innocent aliens. You despised yourself, because of all the awful things you had done. Unlike Shiro, they didn't give you any robotic limbs, making it all the more difficult to fight against the aliens in the Ring.
Your Ring name, in a mockery of the man you had so loved, was Victor, and, like Shiro, you also despised your Ring name.
But you had no choice other than to keep battling — and winning — against them, otherwise you'd never have a chance of seeing Shiro again. By now you had mostly given up hope anyway, but there was always the slim chance that, wherever he was, he'd remember you and come looking. You smiled at the thought, the gesture unfamiliar and foreign to your cracked lips.
You winced as a flame of pain ran through the ruts in your parched lips, reminding you that even a simple gesture of happiness would cause pain. But inside, you were still clinging on to that small ray of hope that was your saving grace here in this living nightmare. On the outside, you were a messy, h/c-haired alien coated in the blood of others and grime from years of not getting clean.
The cuffs that just about lived on your wrists had long chafed the sore, pale skin, and sometimes, if you were bored and hated yourself enough, you would scrape your wrists on the sharp edges, which by now had created sunk-in scars that would stay for life.
Another permanent fixture in your life was the thin metal collar that clung to your throat, and every time you screwed up, it would shock you with more of the dreaded lightning. It also identified you as a high-ranking fighter, not that you were proud of it, but it gave you more space in the shared cell, where aliens would either avoid each other, or huddle for warmth or comfort in the cold, hard, unforgiving room.
But on the inside, you were a young adult alien girl, who constantly wondered your place in the universe, wreaking havoc within any lost soul — including your own. You also loved the color black (the color of you soul) and any other color that wasn't red or purple. You were actually pretty nice, but didn't have anyone to talk to, since nobody would come near you because of the tiny fact that you're a gladiator.
You couldn't help but wonder how long you would've survived without Shiro, both mentally and physically. Suddenly, the whole ship rocked, and you, weak from malnutrition, excessive bleeding, and just being stuck prisoner for so long, fell across the room, where a bright beam of light was cutting through the dim Galra ship.
You heard a crunch, and five people in hi-tech armor raced past your door. You heard a pneumatic hiss, and the cell doors began opening slowly, filling the now-disabled prison ship with the screeching of hundreds of cell doors. One by one, you saw people come out of their cell, be it by crawling, walking, or just poking their heads out.
You, still unable to stand, tried to cry out, but your voice was hoarse from disuse (other than pained screaming). You heard the fast clip of boots on metal, and an armored person came into view. Their armor and weapon was green, and the person, stepping closer, was a girl.
She reached down and, in a language you hadn't heard in a long time said, "Hey there! Wanna get out of prison?" The only thing you could do was nod frantically, recognizing the language as the one Shiro spoke. The girl spoke into her helmet, "Hunk, I need backup. There's a prisoner over here."
The ship shook again, and you felt yourself being tossed around like a rag doll, the hard walls hitting every wound you'd gathered in the past few days, including the broken ribs you'd been trying to ignore.
Your vision fuzzed over, turning black at the edges, and all you could think was, These people just saved me, before finally passing out as you were scooped up by big, gentle arms that carried you towards the beam of light glowing throughout the ship.