Lifeline from Insanity

It took the Galra ten doboshes to turn on whatever they were doing. You knew because Shiro woke up, and when you told him what had happened, he said, "Ten doboshes before they start. How long has it been?" You estimated about 5 doboshes, so you two waited in trepidation for what was to come. Actually, you did. Shiro grimly resigned himself to a laying position on the floor.
An odd buzzing started up, for about 10 agonizing ticks, then, without warning, purple lightning crackled through the cell. The was no way to avoid, because even if you weren't touching the metal walls, floors, or ceiling, it sought you out. You immediately felt the lightning course through you, filling you with searing, sparking quintessence. Shiro endured it quietly, laying, unmoving, on the cold, hard floor.
Then, the visions began. Random, terrifying screams echoed through your head, and you couldn't help feeling like you were back on your planet under the bright lights of their hospital. Before this, you had had a bad case of Earthen cancer, and had barely survived. You had moved on to be a space explorer, but obviously, that didn't work out too well. When it finally stopped, probably only 20 doboshes later, you were curled up on the floor, shivering and still sparking with the evil purple quintessence.
"Y/N?" You heard resonate gently through your head. "Y/N, listen to me!" You realized Shiro had his nonmetal arm gently wrapped around your shoulders, and even though he was still occasionally writhing with excess energy, he held you tight. You could feel your damp (h/c) hair pressing against your clammy neck, but you didn't really care, and held tight to Shiro. You heard your voice ask hoarsely, "How d-did you s-surv-vive all th-that time w-with n-nobody to h-help you?"
Shiro smiled sadly. "It was never this hard. They always kept the setting on low." His voice was gravelly and raspy, but his touch was reassuring around you. You felt yourself shaking, and you realized that this man was the only thing keeping you from succumbing to the Galra, from letting their insanity take over your mind.
This Earthen man, who you had previously thought a broken fighter, was your lifeline from the insanity now lingering at the edges of your mind, waiting for a chance to take over with its ruthless madness that could turn you into a beast so awful even he would leave you.

Authors Notes
So, yeah, darkness, I hope it was good enough for you guys! Sorry for my random, unexpected dark turn, but fluff is to come!!!! :) I guess I'm kinda a noob writer so yeah. Sorry for any issues!!