Burning Up Because of You

The first thing you felt when you stepped out of the pod was a jet of pain up your leg. You sucked in a rapid breath to keep from crying out, and you noticed that your pant leg, which had been torn open in the battle, was redder than ever. None of the other paladins were in the room, so you sat down heavily, trying to preserve your injured leg. The room was filled with an odd purplish light that didn't correspond with the blue of Altean technology.
You, realizing the crystal must have been corrupted, tried again to get up, but once again another bout of pain forced you back onto the floor. Black spots danced before your eyes, and you blinked them away as you heard footsteps down the hall. They were heavy, unlike anyone on this ship, so it had to have been another alien, and m judging from the violet lighting, it was a Galra.
That simple fact was so heart-stoppingly true in your mind that you froze. Panic welled up in you, making you attempt to stand once more. This time, the pain was bearable, but your bare foot slipped on something warm and red. You realized it was blood, and furthermore, your blood. You realized as the thudding pain filled your consciousness, that this was inevitable. The Galra, who just happened to be Zorik himself.
He was the lieutenant who had given Shiro that familiar scar, the one that was now a commander, with a mean reputation to match. Zorik spotted you and grinned cruelly.
"My favorite little pet," he purred, getting much to close to your face for comfort. His breath, you noticed, didn't actually smell that bad, like a combination of roses and sugar. You wondered what the heck he'd been eating when he continued, "The Galra's most untouched experiment, and only experiment to have survived as long as you did, considering the risks you took." His smile turned into more of a smirk as he picked you up bridal style and carried you effortlessly to the control room.
Two portable test-pods had been set up, one with Shiro floating comatose in pink energy-charged liquid. You wanted to yell for help, or Shiro, or both, but you knew nothing of that sort would help either of you, so you kept silent. Zorik set you onto a gurney —how much equipment did they even bring?— and hooked a tube over your nose before you could resist. Almost immediately, dizziness filled you, and you vaguely felt the sharp jab of a needle in your arm. Then, the beeping of some machines echoed in your head, and the blinking lights giving you a headache, and you saw a needle inject Shiro.
You were too dizzy to do anything, so, when he unhooked the tube and you recovered from the dizzy spell, you bolted to your feet, then, realizing the mistake that was, your leg gave out and you crumpled to the ground. Your leg was spurting blood, and it hurt more than ever, but you still attempted to wriggle away as Zorik picked you up and manhandled you into the pod. He strapped a mask onto your face, and then closed the door, placing the tube in a sealed notch in the door. It was cramped and you couldn't sit, but, before your leg had a chance to fill up the pod with blood, a drain opened in the bottom of the pod, under your feet (but not big enough for you to fall through), and the pink liquid began flowing into your pod as well.
You felt it spark up your leg, and an odd burning began. It grew, more and more, filling your previously devoid body with searing energy. You couldn't stop it, and you writhed as the fire consumed you from the inside out. The liquid made it worse, than and it covered your head, the mask filtering in something that smelled sweet and made you tired. You couldn't ignore the awful pain, but, as you felt yourself slipping deeper into sleep, you couldn't help but feel relieved that you wouldn't be able to feel this pain once you were safely under the waters of unconsciousness.