When You See The Sky Again

You awoke to a blinding light shining in your face. For a moment, you thought you were in the Galra labs again, but you realized you were in something blue. For a tick, you waited in silence, then, the aqua covering shimmered away with a hiss of steam, and suddenly, your legs gave out. You fell into a blue armored boy's arms, but you had to squint because this light was even brighter and purer than the muted blue tones of the thing you had just been in.
"Hey, beautiful," the boy holding you smiled cheekily. "Welcome to the Castle of Lions."
You were so confused, but you managed to stumble to your feet amongst a group of five people. Three of then were armored, and the other two had cool markings under their eyes. You, tripping over your words through parched lips, managed to rasp out, "C-can I have some water?"
The boy who had caught you grinned. "Hunk, prepare the lady a glass of water!" The dark-skinned woman with pink marks rolled her eyes and guided you gently to a table.
"Here," she said with a kind tone in a cool accent. "Come, sit down, and we'll get you some food. I am Princess Allura of Altea, and these are three of the five Paladins of Voltron."
You were stunned. You had been rescued, not by rebel forces, not by the Blade of Marmora, but by Voltron itself! You saw Hunk walk in with a glass of water and a tray of food, and he set it down in front of you. The food smelled delicious, he had obviously made it specially for the occasion (you knew what space goo tasted like).
After scarfing down some of the delectable food Hunk made you, you finally managed to ask to Allura, "Where are the Black and Red Paladins?" Allura smiled at you and explained, "They went on a mission together. They should be back any dobosh now."
You, for the first time in a while, finally felt relieved. You were safe, and the Paladins were on your side.
"Well, I am (Y/N)," you introduced. "What's you guys' names?" The small girl in green armor you had seen before stepped up and said, "Hi, I'm Pidge! The green Paladin!" You recalled seeing a prisoner who looked kind of like her, but you didn't say anything as the others introduced themselves.
"Lance, Blue Paladin at your service, lovely."
"Uh, I'm Hunk. As you probably guessed. Yellow Paladin. That too."
"Coran, Coran, the Gorgeous Man!"
You heard a loud clang, and, scared it was the Galra, you jumped to your feet. Allura put a soothing hand on your shoulder, and she said brightly, "That must be the other Paladins!" You hurried after her, eager to meet the rest of the legendary team. The first one out was a boy in red armor with a black mullet and dark eyes. "That's Keith," Allura whispered as he walked over, bayard in hand.
Finally, another, slightly familiar man walked out, but when he took off his helmet and shook loose a patch of white hair, you immediately recognized his familiar features that you didn't go a day without thinking about.
"Shiro!"
Startled by your familiar voice, he spun around until he noticed you. His silvery-gray eyes widened when he saw you. "(Y/N)?" His smooth, low voice echoed through the hangar, and you, without hesitation, ran into his open arms.
You felt tears flow down your face, but you didn't care, you had finally found your savior and was not about to let him go. You looked up into his slim eyes and traced the scar that had been there almost since you could remember. He was smiling genuinely, one of the first times you had ever seen that from the solemn man.
You felt the ecstasy well up in you, and, on an uncontrollable impulse, you got up onto your tiptoes and pecked him on the cheek. You saw his face redden, but he picked you up and put you on his back, spinning your long h/c hair into a swirling curtain (that probably — no, definitely — needed a wash).
He began walking out (with you on his back, piggyback style) in sync with the other Paladins. He smiled up at you and said cheerfully, "Why don't you get cleaned up and we can chat, okay (Y/N)?" You nodded gaily and for the first time since Shiro escaped Galra prison, you felt truly happy, here in a safe place with your beloved, new friends, and a plan to save the universe.