Fallen Fighters, Fallen Friends

You were roughly yanked from your cell; you were so tired you could barely stand. This didn't usually happen, but that's what you got for staying up all night. You stumbled down the hall, not really caring where you were going, brain stuck on the very beginning of your morning routine.
Finally, you arrived at the Ring, and, though it took you a moment, your brain finally processed the scuffle that had ensued while you were walked to the Ring. The man you had whispered to last night had been violently struggling against the guards taking him to the Ring.
You saw him sitting, downcast and with a dissatisfied expression, on a bench two rows over. He was tall, strong, and had dark hair that was cut close, except for a tuft of hair in the front. His silvery eyes darted around, taking in the surroundings.
You heard an announcer call for "The Champion", whoever that was. Then , you saw the man wearily stand, and the guards unlock his collar that kept him in the prison. They would only return it later, back in his cell. You watched him take the meat hook of a sword they offered, and he stepped out onto the arena floor.
His demeanor changed instantly. He went from tired, broken man to ferocious, slaughtering beast. You couldn't tell whether it was just an act, or it was the real him. You realized slowly that your foggy mind was still lingering on this man way too much for comfort. He fought and killed many monsters said to be undefeatable, and then murdered many more aliens you had used to know before you realized that no connections were good connections.
When he returned, though, his attitude switched to one of simple silence. He took the laughs and jeers from jealous guards with quiet dignity, in a way you could tell he was holding something in. You got back to your cell and heard him scream in frustration. Now curious about this mysterious fighter, you spoke softly through the wall.
"Hello?" You heard him suck in a surprised breath. "Who is this?" His voice was surprisingly soft and gentle, unlike the harsh tone you imagined him having.
"I'm (Y/N)," you respond, eager to have someone to talk to.
"Well, hi, (Y/N)," he says nicely. "I'm Shiro." Shiro's voice was rather hoarse, but other than that, he sounded great. You two quickly strike up a conversation.
[in apostrophes is you, actual quotation marks is Shiro]
"Where are you from?"
'Koronadia. It's a nice, lush planet.'
"Cool, I'm from Earth."
'Whoa, you're a human?!?'
"Yep."
'Aren't you guys, like, indestructible or something?'
"I wish." Shiro laughed hollowly. "How long have you been here?"
'A bit less than a year.'
"Same. Got captured on a mission with three other people."
'Matt and Samuel?'
"Uh, yeah, how'd you know?"
'You were... talking in your sleep last night.'
"Well, I guess I can't help it, right?"
Eventually you two fell asleep, staring up at the ceiling and thinking how nice it was to have someone relatable to talk to.
What seemed like only a few moments later, a door slammed open, and you were awakened by an awful noise, and the ominous speech of a Druid.
"Come with me."

Authors Notes
Heeeeeyyyyyy so yeah, feelin lazy, REALLY EXCITED that the next Voltron season came out, sparkles. Sorry for any terrible quality. Maybe comment on what you want to happen in a future chapter! Thanks for supporting me!