Bonds That Will Never Break

You were elated. Ulaz, a surgeon, turned out to be part of an elite Galra force against the Empire, called the Blade of Marmora. You, under his watch, and his only, had explained your sole mission to him. Now, during every experiment, you two telecommunicated mentally, creating a plot of escape. Ulaz would break Shiro out during a future operation, and, if all went well, another officer would break you out a few quintents later.
It had been a while - nobody really counted time anymore - since Shiro had had his arm amputated for some twisted reason or another. He had just left again, and, though nervous, you couldn't help but feel at least a bit of relief that he had some way out of here. Finally, finally, a Druid returned Shiro to the cell, and you hurried over to the stumbling man. You honestly had no idea what they were doing, or why, but there had to be a reason. Shiro was usually under incredibly heavy guard, so you two only ever had clearance for small talk.
Thankfully, you two had invented a sign language, a way of communication that could have two or one hand - due to his lack of a limb - that you had become fluent in. (In brackets [] is your signs, braces {} is his)
[What this time?]
{I can't remember. But now I have this.}
[Is that a robot arm?!?]
{Yep. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Apparently it's weaponized. And I'm supposed to use it for the Ring.}
[Do you have a Ring name yet?]
{Champion. I hate it with all my heart and soul.}
[That's usually how it works, eh?]
Shiro laughed hollowly and gave a bleak smile. You were amazed he kept going after being torn down, so utterly broken like this. He sighed wearily and you pulled him close, your warm skin heating his metal arm. Over time, his tuft of hair in the front had turned completely white, from stress and the experiments they performed on him daily. The thin line across the bridge of his nose was now an old scar, a memory of something previous - albeit a bad memory. His strong, gentle hand reached up and softly untangled a few rats in your (h/c) hair.
His smile was now a small, peaceful one, a smile of being with someone he was fond of. Suddenly, the lights went out, signaling night and turning your cell pitch black. You had about 50 ticks before the security camera turned its night vision mode on, so, in those 50 ticks, you placed a firm yet soft kiss on his warm lips. At first, he seemed surprised, but then, as you realized his love for you was as full as yours was for him, he responded, wrapping his arms around your waist as you felt your noses touch. Just as you two reluctantly pulled away, a little red light flickered into existence on the camera, signaling that it could now see in the dark.
[I love you.]
{I know.}
Though you two's words were simple, your gestures indicated something far more intimate coursing between you two as the night dragged on slowly, bringing promise of a bleak tomorrow that was lost in the passion of your love.