Secrets Shrouded

You awoke to a rush of water from the bathroom sink. Shiro came out a few ticks later, still in a sleeveless shirt and long pants, instead of his casual or paladin wear. You hugged him, not at all embarrassed by the fact that you had probably fallen asleep at the table and Shiro had brought you to his room.
His many scars ran up and down his arms, but you traced them gently as he sat down next to you, putting his strong, warm arms around your slim figure. You, remembering where every single scar came from, turned around in Shiro's embrace and you kissed his chin, rising to go shower.
He called, "Off to take a shower, (Y/N)?" You grinned and said, "Yep! See you in a minute or so!"
-Timeskip-
You (fully showered and dressed now) and the other paladins stood watching the bomb planted in a battle cruiser explode, taking the whole thing with it. You smiled vehemently as it blew up, turning into rubble and twisted metal.
You were standing right behind Shiro's seat, and he was calling up to Allura, "Our next plan should be preparing (Y/N) for battle. Pidge, Hunk, how would you like to 'modify' one of the pods?" You leaned down and pecked his forehead as Pidge and Hunk pumped their fists in the air and high-fived. Shiro's face turned red, but he continued talking to Allura.
Sometime in this, Shiro had Keith and you go train, so for about an hour, you two began fighting, you easily gaining the upper hand against this paladin's classic style.

Allura's POV
I could see how Shiro blushed when (Y/N) kissed him, and I saw her fingers tease his hair when she drew away. How can our strong leader be so smitten with this newcomer? Suddenly, in the middle of my thoughts, Keith bursts in, panting, and without his bayard. Soon after him, (Y/N) dashed in, Keith's bayard in hand, except for her, it changed shape, to a kind of meat hook sword. I don't know how anyone could fight with that lunky thing, but still, (Y/N) has got Keith, of all people, on the run.
I don't like her. She seems... rather possessive. Yes, that's it, she possessive of Shiro. That's why I don't like her. She'd going to end up dragging Shiro away.

Your POV
Keith had such a classic style it was ridiculous. You could've beaten him by now, but, as many years as a gladiator had trained you, you couldn't help but play with your prey before you won.
Eventually, when the red paladin was dripping with sweat, you finally backed him up into a corner, his own bayard at his throat. "You win," he breathed heavily as you dropped the bayard and handed it back to him. He took it, but seemed confused.
"How did you do that?" You didn't know what he was talking about. "Do what?" Keith stared down at his bayard in awe. "You manipulated my bayard," he said hoarsely. "Allura said only the paladin could do that." He got into a fighting stance, but his bayard activated for him, too.
You two exchanged wondering glances, before you ran off giggling to find Shiro, leaving Keith to stand there befuddled.
-Timeskip-
Every bayard had activated for you. Allura decided to look into your QL, whatever that meant. She finally came back with a large machine that she hooked up in the pod room. "Okay, (Y/N)," she said to you. "This is now running off the Castle's power, so, if you'd come sit down, I can run the tests."
"Tests?" You asked nervously. You didn't like the sound of that. She smiled kindly, though, and explained, "Just some scans and the works. To check your Quintessence Levels." You hesitantly walked over, reluctantly taking a seat. You two were the only ones in here, so you hoped the walls weren't soundproof, so you could call out for someone, just in case.
She ran the scans, then, turning to you, she said, "Now, hold still, alright? This next one will sting a little."