AI: 10

“Woooooh! Suggoi!” Ittoki exclaimed with his usual adorably amazed expression as he held the magazine up with the three of us on the cover.

“You’re so natural Yuki-chan!” he added as he observed the magazine’s cover. Baldy decided to publish the magazine with my most embarrassing moment in the cover. He named it ‘cutie brawl’ and me, Mikaze, and Rina featured in it. We look like kids fighting over a toy. Rina is tugging Mikaze’s left arm while looking at me her lips pouted. I’m also tugging on to Mikaze’s right arm while looking down, my eyes closed and full of tears. Mikaze on the other hand is looking at me with a surprised expression, his fake blush made it more adorable.

I’m sitting on one of the sofas here at the living room. Everyone is present except for the other three members of Quartet Night- Reiji is the only member present.

“It looks so real Yuki, congratulations.” Jinguji teasingly complimented me. I glared at him and rolled my eyes. He only gave me a thumb’s up in return. I stood up and went directly to Jinguji.

“Follow me.” I whispered. He grinned and followed me. He might be thinking differently. I thought to myself.

I walked in silence as Jinguji followed me. I don’t know where to go but my feet unconsciously took me to a place I would want to go least- at the balcony. I looked around the entire perimeter. A week has passed after that incident and I never talked to him nor approached him even once. It’s hard to suppress my emotions but what can I do? I still love him after that.

“Princess?” I turned to Jinguji. He’s leaning on the door opposite me with his arms cross against his chest. I smiled a weak smile. I pulled myself up and sat on the railing of the balcony- my back facing a huge drop. Jinguji approached me and did the same.

“I asked baldy to make that photo as a cover because it really caught my attention.” He explained without even me asking. He probably predicted that I was going to ask about it. He looked at me and I looked down. A sly smile formed on my lips.

He looked up and chuckled. “I also told the entire crew to lie about the incident…” He said as he returned his gaze to me. I looked at him, he came closer and whispered.

“If Saotome ever learns about that, it’s either you or Mikaze will go bye bye.” He grinned. My eyes widen as memories came rushing down on me.

“You’re jealous because you like me. Stop it. You don’t know me. I don’t have a heart to love back… and I’d rather choose my career rather than having you. Saotome already told you, Idols are forbidden to fall in love. Don’t be stupid and act like a professional.”

He’d rather choose his career rather than having me huh? What do I expect? I’m only a ‘stupid underling’ to him. I tried forcing out a smile but instead of having that, tears formed on my eyes. My heart is breaking again. I tried laughing but failed. Jinguji stood up and faced me. He held me and pulled me to him. I can’t take it any longer… I burst out. Jinguji hugged me while caressing my hair.

“It’ll only hurt more if you try to stop it.” He whispered. I grasped my shirt with both of my hands as I let it all out. It’s only a week ever since I came here but I’m already feeling this. How much more will I endure for you Mikaze. Should I give up like what you instructed me to do? I don’t know anymore… What should I do? I love you but it’s already killing me. I talked to Mikaze in my mind.

I wiped my eyes and looked at Jinguji with my bloodshot eyes. He chuckled.

“Thank you Jinguji-san, for comforting me. If you weren’t here I could’ve lost myself.” I muttered. He only smiled in response.

He let go of me. “Just a piece of advice from the god of love.” He pointed to himself. “Don’t force yourself to forget your love for your senior. The more you suppress the more you’ll fall. Let it fade away in time.” After saying it, he walked off.

I stayed behind and sat on the same chair where I sat before. The time when it was only me and Mikaze. I looked at his empty chair and let out a deep sigh.

“Don’t force myself to forget. Let it fade away through time. Jinguji-san you’re so complicated.” I murmured to myself.

“Who’s so complicated?” I was startled by the sudden appearance of Tokiya. I sigh as I held on to my chest.

“Nothing, Ichinose-senpai.” I responded as I slouched down on my chair. Tokiya approached me and sat on one of the chairs opposite mine. He handed me an envelope that has my name written on it. I straightened my posture. I took the envelope and open it. It’s an invitation… for a ball?