AI: 27

Uta-shin will start at 10. We left Eiichi backstage and went to the front seats. We’re at the left side of the aisle and Shining Entertainment is at the right side. I sat on the chair near the aisle so I’m only a meter away from them. I steal glances every now and then. Shiori noticed me and waved, I waved back. They all greeted me and I waved back and smiled in response. I was in the middle of a gesturing conversation with them when Nagi elbowed me. I stopped and glared at him. I crunched my eyebrows and crossed my arms in front of me. I leaned on my chair and directed my attention on stage.

The place is filled with Raging Entertainment’s fans. Almost all of the people hold Eiichi’s image or Eiichi’s name. Uta-shin looks like Eiichi’s solo concert from my point of view. Whoever his opponent is, will definitely have a hard time winning this competition. Need not mention that the competition is based on the viewer’s votes. The competition is viewed throughout the entire country, and voting can be done through emails and messages. The only problem is… Shining Entertainment’s representative is still unknown. Whoever that is, I wish him luck and I hope his fans have their televisions open.

The stage was lit up and loud music banged, indicating that the competition will begin in a few minutes. I feel kind of nervous. I’m cold and my hands are sweating, I feel ticklish like there are butterflies in my belly. I looked at Shining Entertainment and they look like they don’t have anything to worry about. Shiori looked at me and held a thumb’s up. I smiled in return. Whatever the result is, it wouldn’t change anything. I’d still be stuck in Raging Entertainment.

“Konnichiwa minna!!!” A cute high pitched voice blared all throughout the venue. Different colors of lights suddenly flashed and waved on the audience. Smoke appeared on stage and a cute MC in a glittery pink and fluffy dress appeared. His pink curls bounced as he waved and greeted us. The audience roared upon seeing the cute idol. “Ringo! Ringo! Ringo!” The audience shouted. Tsukimiya-sensei laughed upon hearing all the people.

“Moshi moshi~ Tsukimiya Ringo here as the master of ceremony! Oooh…” He exclaimed then examined the audience with his lips forming an ‘o’ “Seems like Eiichi Ootori’s fans are all gathered here.” She uttered making all the audience went “Eicchi! Eiichi! Eiichi!” I let out a deep sigh while pressure is pouring down on me. Of course, even though I’m under the name of Raging Entertainment my heart still belongs to Shining Entertainment. Raging- the owner of Raging Entertainment is seating proud beside Kira. I turned my head to look at Shining and he has that grin painted on his face.

“Before we start the contest, I want you to know a few details about the background of Uta-shin. Uta-shin is a battle royal between solo idols. It only happens once every year. It’s a battle where only one idol in every company can join. You win your company wins. But… an occurrence changed the flow of the Uta-shin. Other idols backed down and let the two rivals fight for the name of the best solo idol. Once again, the two companies who reigned the world of music and media. Raging and Shining Entertainments.” Tsukimiya-sensei exclaimed then the entire audience roared.

“Okay quiet down…” Tsukimiya hushed then chuckled. “We all know who’s representing Raging Entertainment. The son of the owner of the company and the leader of the known group HEAVENS. Let’s all welcome, Ootori Eiichi.” Tsukimiya shouted and the entire population of the audience roared to welcome their idol on stage.

The lights danced with the sudden bang of the beat. Colors suddenly filled the entire venue. A very lively beat made its way onto my ears and made my heart wants to dance with it. Eiichi came out of stage. Even though I hate the idol singing in the stage I can’t seem to help myself from being amazed. The music seems to bring deep heat into ones soul.

We are (English Translation)

Video>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In past days, incomprehensible breath always followed slowly 

In the future, fate is in a hurry 

I quietly stretch my hand out 

Peaceful, knowing it is equally beautiful 

Now, I weakly disclose that I furnish the money 

Dreams come now; there are considerations

Eiichi’s voice blended well with the melody. The crowd continued on shouting making this frenzy hotter. The beat hyped and the effects are making it more stunning.

* Oh where but oh where but life continues 

  Well then, it's common to go on and run 

  One person trapped in the mists of life 

  Voices are heard gambling; wounds are given strength to heal 

  We'll visit tomorrow

We'll sleep under a night sky full of stars, 

large in number, 

and trace its strange, roundabout way 

What is the common path? 

There's a great dream of meaning coming into sight 

Understand and make sense of the vision

He danced with the beat and that made his fans more hysterical. He winked at a group of females and they all squealed while constantly pushing and shaking each other.

Oh where but oh where but life continues 

The common phrase is sweet and amusing 

It has a difference from the filth of being conceited 

Inside, there are recollections and wounds to give strength 

Tomorrow will be a better day

He ended it with a boom and a burst of fiery effects. The crowd went wild while constantly screaming out his name. He bowed down and gave the audience a wink and a two fingered salute then he left the stage. Even without Eiichi on stage the screaming or better to say squealing didn’t stop. I’m even having a hard time shooing this heated emotion given by Eiichi. He really is a professional.

Nagi who’s sitting next to me chuckled. He got my attention by poking me then smirked. “Say goodbye to your Shining Entertainment. What I said this morning about digging their death beds? I take it back; they’re probably digging it by themselves. Right Kira?” He laughed while poking Kira, Kira didn’t respond. “Oi Kira say something.” He poked harder. “Yeah.” Kira said in a dull manner while looking at the stage. I knitted my eyebrows in annoyance. I returned my attention towards the stage. Even though I have faith in Shining Entertainment’s idols, I can’t deny the fact that I’m already having doubts after watching Eiichi’s performance.

“Okay okay, calm down people.” Tsukimiya-sensei chuckled. “What a performance by Eiichi Ootori! That really burned my soul out of me.” Tsukimiya joked and the audience laughed. “But that doesn’t end the Uta-shin. Now, from the Shining Entertainment, he’s unknown to all of us people because he only joined Uta-shin last week. Shining Saotome even kept it as a secret.” Tsukimiya turned to Saotome and pouted. I wish he could pull this off. He only prepared for this for like a week… and it’s clearly my fault. Guilt suddenly poured all over me and I feel like my head is going around in circles and my tummy just turned. I directed my gaze towards Tsukimiya-sensei as I let curiosity get the best of me. The loud roars of the fans behind us turned to loud whispers and soft murmurs. “Now, let us all welcome, representing Shining Entertainment…” The wide screen from behind Tsukimiya popped an image that made my heart stop. “Mikaze Ai!” Tsukimiya shouted. I was expecting silence and cricket sounds but after shouting the idols name the crowd went wild. My eyes widened and I think I forgot how to breathe.

The lights dimmed in the color of dark blue as smoke covered the stage. A familiar melody suddenly filled the whole venue. And the voice that never fails to make me fall started to sing.

---

AN: Had a hard time searching for a song that fits Eiichi on his Seiyuu's playlist -_- but.. either way, enjoy.

comment or vote.