AI: 16

A/N: Play the video  Hitoshizuku while reading>>>

By Aoi Shouta... Mikaze Ai's voice actor. 

Special thanks to ShouNobu... 

“We better tend your wounds.” Reiji suggested but I hesitated.

“Mikaze-senpai.” I muttered.

“Don’t worry, he’s fine.”

“What do you mean fine, I heard his shoulder cracked back there!” I shouted and he was taken aback.

“I’m sorry.” I uttered. Reiji smiled at me.

“It’s okay, I know how you feel.” He tried to calm me down. I look down out of embarrassment; I’ve gone a bit too far.

Natsuki and Syo came running back with a medicine kit at hand. I thought they helped Mikaze?

“Where’s Mikaze-senpai?” I asked, a bit concerned.

“He went directly to your room.” Syo answered.

“I thought you’re helping him?”

“We tried but he won’t let us.”

“What happened Yuki-chan?” Natsuki asked, you can see worry in his face. I smiled at him.

“No need to worry Natsuki, I was just clumsy and I got Mikaze-senpai involved. It’s my fault.” I said reassuring him.

“We better clean your wounds.” Syo was about to tend my wounds but I jump out. The searing pain spread to my entire body and I almost knocked out of balance.

“I got to see if Mikaze-senpai is okay.”

“Yuki.” Syo was about to stop me but Reiji pulled him down. I smiled at Reiji and walked my way to our room.

The door is slightly open. I peeked in just to make sure that Mikaze is there but what I saw made my heart stop and my feet glued to the ground.

Why?

Why is Mikaze’s left arm… un…a..ttached…..to …his…..body.

 He removed something broken and replaced it with something similar to it. I wanted to run. Is what I’m doing bad? I’m peeking on someone else’s business. I wanted to run away but my feet are glued.

Am I dreaming? I think I’m seeing an android that looks like Mikaze. Did I eat something bad? Or the pain from my wounds is making me hallucinate? Questions filled my head.

After fixing what’s broken he reattached his left arm and tested it out.

Why am I feeling… broken?

He noticed my presence and walked towards the door.

“Yuki?” He asked. I can’t look at him straight in his eyes. Why?

He turned his gaze to my wound.

“I thought Reiji was fixing you up.” I smiled a bitter smile. What do you think of me? An android like you? Nice choice of words.

“Come.” He held my hand and dragged me to his bed. He made me sit on it and went to get the medicine kit.

He knelt down in front of me. If I didn’t saw that… I might be daydreaming about you now. Kneeling down in front of me. Holding a box with a ring inside instead of a medicine kit.

He started cleaning my wounds. I felt so happy. For a week… I thought… I just thought I still have a chance.

What a shocking discovery. Is that why he can’t love me back? Is what he said: he doesn’t have a heart literal? Is it why he’s being cold all this time? Because he’s naturally cold? I stared at his adorable face, he’s cyan blue eyes, cyan blue hair, pale and smooth skin. Is this why you’re so perfect?

He looked at me.

“Yuki? Why are you leaking?” He asked me, he’s face is as usual as ever. Leaking huh? He can’t even use crying.

“Does it hurt?” …yes. Inside. Deep inside. I nodded as tears continued to flow.

“I’m sorry. You shouldn’t have covered up for me back there.”  I was sobbing… I can’t say a word.

“Ai.” I uttered in between sobs. He looked at me, a bit surprised.

“Is this why you can’t love me back?” my words are broken. I can’t talk straight.

“Is this what you mean you don’t have a heart?” I continued. So much for my 1000 paper cranes. I already folded half of the number.

I bit my lower lip as I tasted my tears…

“Do me a favor and don’t move.” I closed the gap between us and kissed him… for the last time. I stood up and ran out. I didn’t know why I did that. I’m aware that he’s an android, a robot, an AI. My love for him is so great that even if it means being hurt a million times it won’t subside.

I wiped my tears using the arm of my hoodie. I don’t know where to go but I kept on running.

“Yuki?” I passed by Reiji but I didn’t dare to stop. I went directly to our garden.

I stood out there, under the starry night sky, as tears continued flowing.

“Yuki?” I turned around and found Reiji behind me. I smiled at him…

“I’ve fallen for an android.” I uttered with a smile yet my tears continued on.

“How stupid can I be?”

“Want to know the whole story?” Reiji asked me. His childish cute self- became so serious. I nodded in response.

“Ai is the complete replica of my friend. Aine Kisaragi. He disappeared a long time ago and the professor- Aine’s uncle made Ai. His looks, his voice. Ai is the perfect replica of Aine.” My tears completely subsided upon hearing his story.

“What happened to the real Ai?”

“He got tired of life and decided to commit suicide, but he didn’t succeed. He was saved by the professor and was left in a coma.”

“Please don’t blame Ai on this. He may be an AI but… I really believe that he can feel.” Reiji looked at me with such pleading eyes. I smiled and looked at the sky.

“I won’t blame him, but I don’t really know how to look at him now.”

“Use your eyes.” O_O

“hahaha, I see you’ve returned to your dere dere form. Thanks Reiji. If it wasn’t for you I may have given up completely.”

“No problem.” XP

“What’s left now is your decision. Will you continue or will you let go?” He stood up. “Oyasumi.”