AI: 23

I was physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted. But despite the exhaustion, I couldn’t seem to sleep. My body was begging me to rest but my mind is against it. The night seems so loud like there’s some kind of stereos banging loud music in my ears. I twist and turned, trying to look for the most comforting position but failed. I even tried counting sheep until I counted a thousand. That didn’t succeed because after counting a few bunches of sheep the sheep’s head suddenly grew cyan hair and turned to a Mikaze jumping on a fence.

Yeah, my mind- even though I let myself believe of the feelings they were talking about, was still going around in circles. Doubting and believing and doubting and believing. I can’t seem to make up my mind. The good news is, I was able to put it into words and finally composed my song. I only did it for a night and totally fell asleep after. All I need to do now is to try it out and all is well. But… I won’t let you hear it until the day of my competition. I slept passed midnight- which was totally agonizing for the following day- which is, the day before Christmas.

The temperature was freezing! Good thing that it wasn’t like this yesterday or I won’t be able to act without jittering. I woke up 30 minutes late on my schedule. I wasn’t worried though. If he’ll bombard me with lessons again I’ll shove my finished song unto his face. That’s- If I have the nerve to do it.

I went out of our room and I can see how busy people are in here. They’re all running around, carrying boxes and stuffs. Some of them even wear a Santa hat like Syo and Natsuki. Everybody from Shining Entertainment’s master course is all present today. The Starish, Quartet Night, and even the newbies that I haven’t seen for a while are all here.

Today we’re preparing for Christmas Eve and an advance birthday party for Hijirikawa. We’re going to have a picnic outside and lit fireworks. I’m getting agitated.

I helped Shiori and Haruka prepare the venue while Starish members do all the cooking, Quartet Night for the entertainments and the other three newbies for the fireworks. All went well until…

-_- Blizzards came to us like a herd of wild bulls seeing red.

“Eh… and I wanted to watch fireworks.” Reiji whined like a kid while pouting. Akahiro- the red-headed newbie clicked his tongue in Reiji’s childishness,   “Then let’s lit the fireworks inside.” He uttered with a tone of sarcasm. Ranmaru tightly grasped the boy’s head,   “That’s not how I teach you boy!” He growled.   “Now now Ran-Ran, stop blaming the kid. He clearly reminds me of you.” Reiji said cheerfully then laughed. Ranmaru clicked his tongue in defeat.    “See? You also inherited his habit.” Reiji pointed out and laughed again.   “No good Ran-Ran the second, you do realize that lighting up fireworks inside is the second forbidden thing inside Shining’s book of law.” Reiji chuckled. Ranmaru and Akahiro looked at each other with their eyebrows knitted. The others who get the joke laughed.    “Of course it was a joke.” Reiji uttered in between laughs.

“What do we do now?” Haruka turned to the huge glass window while looking at the strong snow storm outside. They all quieted down and looked at each other. I twirled my reddish-brown hair using my index finger while quietly watching the dullness of the atmosphere. The place was decorated by glimmering lights and colorful accessories but the idols’ depression beat the happiness out of it.

“What? We could all celebrate it inside right? As long as we’re together everything’s going to be fun.” I uttered. They all looked at me- a bit surprised on my uncharacteristic statement. They looked at each other and the eeriness of the surroundings changed into a burst of laughter. Syo put an arm around me,   “That was funny, especially when you say it.” He said. I wasn’t offended. A smile made its way onto my face and just joined in the fun.