AI: 21

Reiji’s POV

He let out another sigh and circled around the Piano. He passed by me without a word.

“Yuki-chan?” I chirped as I waved bye-bye. I strutted behind Ai-Ai.

“What was that about? You were obviously killing me with your glare.” I jokingly asked. Ai-Ai didn’t respond and continued walking.

“Ah, Mikaze-senpai, Rei-chan. Did you see Yuki? I’m done with her melodies. I want her to hear it.” Shiori appeared before us.

“We left her at the practice room.” Ai-Ai answered.

“Ne? Ai-Ai, why answer her and not me?”

“Because I don’t see any significance to your question.” He coldly uttered. I pouted and before I knew it we were already at President Shining’s office’s door. Ai-Ai opened the door without knocking. It’s so unlike him. Is he pissed? I shrugged the thought and went in.

“Oh, Mr Mikaze and Mr Kotobuki.” Shining twisted his chair to face us.

“You called for me?” Ai-Ai coldly asked.

“Oh… Someone woke up from the wrong side of the bed.” Shining grinned. What? I don’t get it. Mikaze didn’t respond and quietly waited for Shining’s next statements.

“You are aware that I’ve been watching you. Right, Mr Mikaze?”

“Yes, I’m perfectly aware.”

“What’s the only rule I enforced inside my industry?”

“Idols are forbidden to fall in love.” Ai-Ai answered directly. Shining grinned as his glasses glimmered. I really don’t get as to where this conversation is heading to.

“You perfectly knew why I instructed you to Ms. Saito right?” Shining started. “It’s because we all know that Robots can’t fall in love. I gave her to you because you have the least possibility to fall in love with Ms. Saito. You know what will happen if an idol falls in love right?” He asked and Ai-Ai nodded. Right, Ai-Ai has been acting weird these past few days. And I know it’s because of Yuki-chan. This is a first for Ai-Ai and I’m so happy for him, but I didn’t thought that Shining will interfere with Ai-Ai’s improving feelings. This pains me more than it pains my friend.

“But Shining, you know that this will be a huge improvement for-…” Ai-Ai held out a hand- stopping me on my sudden assault.

“Is that all?” Ai-Ai uttered. Shining nodded. “Well then, good day.” Ai-Ai uttered, turned around, and walked his way. I followed him.

“Ai-Ai.” I tried to lighten the mood but he didn’t falter.

“What are you gonna do now?” I chuckled.

“Nothing.”

“Eh? What do you mean nothing?”

“My system can’t seem to install his orders.” He uttered without looking at me. I don’t know what to say so I just laughed.