AI: 19

“Yuki-chan!” Natsuki shouted as his eyes glimmered. The kids looked at us with curiosity.

“Didn’t expect to see you here.” He uttered as he walked closer to me.

“Didn’t expect to see you too.” I simply answered.

“Oi Yuki-nee. Is he your prince?” One of the kids asked. My eyes widened and I felt my lips formed a gap. I looked at Natsuki and he just blinked at me. I sighed deep inside me. Good thing Natsuki is a bit dense.

“No he is not.” Shiori answered on my behalf.

Natsuki smiled widely. “Syo promised me that we’ll meet here.”

Right… Syo. Where is he on the first place? It’s pretty unusual that he’s not with Natsuki. These two are like peas in a pod. It’s quite rare that I see one without the other.

“Where is Syo by the way?” I asked Natsuki. He scratched his chin using his index finger.

“Oi Natsuki!”

“Speak of the devil.” I murmured and bent sideward to see Syo behind Natsuki, but what I saw made my jaw drop. He’s with Reiji and Mikaze.

Our eyes met- mine and Mikaze’s. His usual façade still visible. I straightened my posture and tugged my shirt downwards. I walk to where Shiori and pretended playing with the kids.I saw a smirk formed on her lips when realization struck her. Shiori loves making me feel miserable does she? I can’t blame her though. She doesn’t have a slight clue on what’s currently happening between me and my so called prince.

“Hey kids, wanna continue our game?” Shiori asked. I narrowed my eyes at her, but she’s enjoying so much for her to notice me. The kids gave all their attention to her.

“Guess who the prince is.” She uttered and pointed at the newly arrived visitors.

“Shiori!” I whispered with my teeth clenched. She looked at me with her eyebrows cocked.

“What? Don’t be such a kill joy Yuki. We’re only playing.” She chuckled.

“But your idea of fun is invisibly offensive.” I grab her forearm as I whispered. She looked at me with curiosity.

“Offend who?” She asked with her eyebrows knitted. I blinked at her. I was unable to answer her question.

Of course Mikaze doesn’t know that the story the kids heard from me is about a prince without a heart. Same goes with Shiori, she doesn’t know that Mikaze literally doesn’t have a heart. I can’t explain this now. But before I could scold her more. The kids already gathered around the three clueless visitors.

They first examined Syo. His annoyance can be visibly seen.

“Do you think he’s Yuki-nee’s Prince?” one kid asked the other. The other kid just shrugged as the three unknowing visitors stared at them blankly.

“Nah, he’s too short to be Yuki-neechan’s Prince.” Another uttered while waving his hand in disagreement towards Syo. Syo’s eyes narrowed at him and he’s clearly trying to suppress the annoyance that is boiling inside him.

“How about nii-san?” A girl pointed towards Reiji. All the other kids turned their glance towards Reiji. Reiji blinked and pointed his index finger towards himself.

“Me?” He asked then followed it with a burst of laughter that made the kids doubt.

“He’s too frivolous to be the prince in the story.” A kid stated. Reiji stopped laughing then pouted. He knelt down using one knee to support his weight.