Authors Note

This is the sequel to The Light of Elysium and it is advisable that you read that first. If you have read it, thank you 😘 and I hope that you will join me as Elissa's story continues to unfold.

For those who need a reminder, I have provided a brief overview of Elysium below. I have also done a casting list for key characters at the end of the book with extra information about who's who. This has images, but feel free to ignore if you would prefer to imagine them for yourself.

A new chapter will be added each weekend. If you enjoy please consider voting and/or commenting as I love to hear from you.

Warning, as before, there will be some scenes of violence or of a romantic nature, but nothing graphic. There will also be dark elves - you have been warned!

Elysium

Elysium is a magical realm consisting of eight kingdoms - these are:

🧝🏻‍♂️The Elven kingdom - situated in the north - the capital is Alfheimr. There light and dark elves - who just about tolerate each other having been on opposing sides in the Great War. Light elves are artist & refined but emotionally restrained, whereas dark elves are more hedonistic, sometimes sadistic.

🐉 The Dragonite kingdom - situated in the east - the capital is Babylon. Dragonites have an inner fire and are a very passionate race. They follow the goddess Ishtar. Dragonites from the more powerful families bond with a dragon at birth, with whom they can telepathically communicate.

💧🔥🌪🌎 The Elemental kingdom - situated in the south - the capital is Essentia. Elementals have an affinity with one of the elements and can control them to varying degrees depending on an individuals power. Nobles can sometimes control more than one element.

🦁 🐻 The Animage kingdom - situated in the West - the capital is Arcadia. Animages can transform into animals - some families only have one form so are more like shifters, whereas more powerful families can transform into a multitude of animals. The lion and the bear are the symbols of the king's.

🌈 The Rainbow Isles - they float in the air above the other kingdoms - the capital is on the Diamond Isle. There are eight islands, each associated with a different gemstones.

🏔 The kingdom under the Mountain - a massive mountain arcing range between the west, north and east. The dwarves reside within its depths. They hate going outside and only do so under sufferance.

🌊 🧜‍♂️ The endless sea - situated below Essentia - the capital is Atlantis. Populated by mer people, who have tails underwater, but legs on land. King Poseidon also rules over the nymphs who live in the waterways throughout Elysium.

🏰 Avalon - the smallest kingdom - it was formed after the Great War and is home to Elysium's overall capital city. The island of Avalon is at the very centre of Elysium and is where High King resides.