▪[Chapter 5]▪

Narrator POV

Conan rode to the beach, his hair swaying to the wind flowing from the beach, seeing people playing volleyball and swimming in the water, reminded him of the time they played and spent time together by the beach, watching the sun set in a rosy hue.
"Ran... you must wait for me..." He thought, tears threatening to fall out from his eyes for the first time in his life.

"The sun will rise?" Could it be in the middle of the ocean...... he turned around, but not a single shadow could be seen on the waters that stretched till the sunset, shining the bright red sunlight on his face. If Ayumi was here she would have been love struck.

"Wait, isnt that conan'kun? Or is it Shinichi?" Conan looked back, shocked that someone knew he was Kudo Shinichi, only to see his cousin, Kudo Misaki (A/N: this name and character was made up) staring at him smiling.

"Mi-Misaki'san, why are you here? And how did you know about that?!" Conan asked, not believing who he had just saw.

"You think your detective skills only run in your family and not mine? Aish, Shinichi'san, I am your cousin, how would i not know? And, to answer your question, Hattori told me." Misaki said, looking at Shinichi. "And, Im helping you find your girlfriend, shouldnt you be grateful?" She gave an annoyed glance at him. "Hattori.... I will get back at you later..." Conan thought.

"So? Want to save your girlfriend?" Misaki said playfully.
"BAKA! Shes not my girlfriend!" He shouted, only to see Misaki sniggering. "Fine...."

"So, the place where Ran'san is held captive is a place where the sun rises right?" Misaki asked, admiring the beautiful sun spreading its warmth to everyone for the last few hours of the day.

"Hai, but I dont know where is it." Conan admitted, sighing and thinking hard. "Think! You are Kudo Shinichi, you cannot the famous detective, and yet you cannot save your beloved?.." "Wait.... BELOVED!" His eyes lit up, dashing to the small little deserted hut ahead, with Misaki tagging behind him.

He broke open the door, expecting to see Ran tied up, but only to see a letter in an envelope. Misaki opened the envelope carefully, reading out the contents of the letter.

To Kudo Shinichi:
Congrats, looks like you finally figured out my clue. To reward you, I shall have another mission for you.  There are a total of 5 bombs in this beach, where your beloved will be located beside one of them. Defuse all of them before 10p.m. And do not try to save your girl first. Or she will die. So long!

-Your challenger

"Damn!" Conan cursed under his breath, not believing what he just heard. Just when he was about to run out and find the bombs, Misaki cut in, unable to control herself, "Oi Shinichi'san. I know you are worried, but can we at least find a way to locate the bombs and Ran faster and catch the culprit at the same time? You are always like that. Rushing things and sometimes, you fail to notice the details. Have you ever saw how Ran was so desperate waiting for you? I know you love her, but please calm down."
It was the moment of realisation when Shinichi realised his mistakes. "Ok, Im sorry Misaki'san for making you worried, whats your plan?"

"We defuse the bombs, then save Ran, according to what he instructed us to do. But, when saving Ran, you go and find the culprit. I believe in you. You can do it and catch the culprit to bring him to jail. If its the black organisation, even better, you get to defeat them once and for all."

"Ok, but you will make sure Ran will be fine right?" Conan asked. "Hai, hai, tantei'san, now lets go diffuse the bombs, we have no time to lose."

A/N: Hello again :) this was a slightly longer chapter with 600+ words and Im surprised i can write so much! And please take note that the character Kudo Misaki is not real. Its just a made up character to help my story develop. The next few chapters may not come so soon, but still thanks for reading this far!

~crystal'san