°[chapter 10]°

Narrator POV

"I think they are gone, so i suppose we can come up now." Misaki said as she heard footsteps fading down the steps, slowly standing up and brushing off the glass.

"Should we call the police? Wait Misaki you are bleeding!" Ran exclaimed, running to get the first aid box. "Should be from when Gin kicked you." Shinichi said, looking at the wound on her arm, while Ran cleaned and bandaged her arm. "Thank you." Misaki said, meanwhile looking at the traces they left behind. Bullet holes on the wall and sofa, the television and windows smashed to pieces.

"What a mess, dads gonna kill me." Ran muttered, bending down to clean the mess, only to see Shinichi stopping her. "Wait till the police comes" he says, as officer Megure, Takagi and Satou steps into the agency, looking at the mess.

"How did you know we are here, Takagi keiji(a/n: is this the correct salutation? Sorry if its wrong im not Japanese and I am gonna google it later right now just bear with me)? " Ran asked, looking at them, confused. "Oh people heard shooting sounds so they called the police and we came to check it out, who knows you all are here? You are not hurt right?Lets come out first, we apologise but you all will need to undergo questioning as you were present at the scene " Satou'san  said apologetically at the trio.

"Nope its fine." Misaki said, following them downstairs with Shinichi behind.

So they explained how they were chatting, before Misaki noticed the people with guns and they laid down till then, but they all missed out the black organisation part.

"It is better to not involve as much person as possible, so leave that out" Shinichi said earlier on the way to the police car.  "But is this attack a coincidence? Or do they know your identity?" Misaki said, looking back a the agency while walking past, towards Shinichi's house. Shinichi had let Ran stay at his house with Misaki while the agency is still undergoing investigation and renovation to fix the messed up agency. Ran's father had moved over to Eri, Ran's Mother's house, much to her mother's annoyance.  Misaki had also moved over to Shinichi's as it was getting cramp at Hakase's house with 3 of them and Hakase's laboratory. Shinichi's house was much bigger.

It has been a few weeks, but the agency has still not been fixed due to some problems and will likely take a month. Misaki is still snickering over the news, accompanied by Shinichi's signature death glare and Ran's protests. Tonight, they are going to a grand party where Kaito Kid is said to be appearing to steal a piece of jewellery from the Sonoko's family , invited by Sonoko of course, and they were in Ran's room, deciding what Ran should wear to make her stunning.

"I recommend this dress!!! It shows your shoulders, just for your Shinichi!" Sonoko said, smiling at Ran with an evil smile, with Ran blushing all the way while Misaki escorted her to the bathroom to change. "Wow Ran'san you sure look good in this dress!" Misaki said, red with envy. "Since Ran is already so pretty why dont the two of you help me?? I must impress Kid today!" Sonoko said, with Misaki looking at her, whispering to Ran'san "Is she always like this? What about Makoto'san?" "Consider this a little crush" Sonoko smiled sweetly, overhearing their conversations.

"Ok all set, lets go!" Shinichi said, walking with Ran towards the door with the rest behind, walking towards the car that Mouri had rented.