~《Chapter 16》~

Ran POV

"Woah, what happened?" I asked the moment I saw the three walking down the stairs, looking more unkempt (A/N :it means messy if you didn't know)  then ever.

Misaki walked into kitchen to help serve while Hattori'kun and Shinichi slumped on their seats, talking words that i cannot make out. I wonder what happened?

Conan POV

"Oi, Hattori,so what do we do now?" I asked, looking at the old lady that neither one of us wants to disappoint. "Who knows?" Hattori said, slumping back. I sighed. Its uncommon to see Hattori so down like this. "Lets eat!" Ran said, sitting down beside me, with the rest sitting down too.

Misaki POV

I look at my food, suddenly losing appetite, but I also cannot walk away immediately, can I? Trying a few bites, I slowly ate, before realising that Conan and Hattori also had no appetite. I rose to my feet, saying, "I want to go through the case again, so I will leave you to eat." Apologising, I went up to the room, where after Hattori and Conan runs after me.

Conan POV

"Smart of you to do that, or I would have to force the food down my mouth." I said, following her into the room. "What? Can't i legit start re-looking into the case again?" Misaki said, flipping over pictures of the crime scene to look for evidence we missed out. Much to my annoyance, Hattori chipped in too. "So you think Misaki'kun will lie? HA you are her cousin and yet you don't know that?!" Hattori said, earning a slap from Misaki. "Shut your mouth up for once, Hattori." Misaki said, flipping past more papers.

"We need to go back once more, the pictures show nothing." Hattori said, with Misaki nodding in approval.

Misaki POV

And we are back here, looking for unturned stones. Nothing much had changed, the car was still there, abandoned. I sighed, looking around places far beyond where we searched the last time, while Hattori and Conan searched the area once more. We didn't find anything else, except for a piece of tape. I carefully picked it up, and stuck it on a piece of paper, keeping it carefully. It might be the crucial evidence we need later. A trick starts to formulate in my mind, like puzzle pieces coming together.

Narrator POV

The three smiled at the same time, rushing to a corner behind the bush,  prying it open, expecting to see their final confirmation. But what they saw was a empty space with a note written, " You broke the promise, now you will suffer." on it.

Misaki POV

Just as when I was wondering what does the note mean, a scream could be heard and we saw Shin'chan in front, sent flying down the cliff. Hattori and I immediately turned around, only to see someone covered up, unrecognizable, pushing us down with a strong force, sending me and Hattori crashing down. As falling down, I heard Ran and Kazuha screaming, looking down on us, horrified. For a moment, i thought it was really the end of me, well not until i saw a big inflated soccer ball below me. Good thing that person threw Shinichi down first. As i bounced on the soccer ball as it deflated, Hattori came crashing down one Shin'chan, which made me laugh, before wondering if i was too loud, quickly pulling in the soccer ball onto the shore with Hattori and Shin'chan behind the ball. No time to waste, we instinctively ran towards the jungle behind, away from the shore as we saw the first of the police boats.  

"What are we gonna do now? We can't hide forever right?" Hattori said, peeping over the bushes, looking at the police searching for us. "Baka, we got a plan." I said, winking at Shin'chan, who understood immediately. "We are going to collect evidence."

Conan POV

"Nani??? What do you mean?" Hattori said, looking at us curiously.
I laughed, he can be such confusing at times.

"We solve the case undercover, then reveal it when we have all the evidence." Misaki said, a mischievous gleam in her eye shone as she spoke. This is going to be fun.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter people i will write more in the next chapter :((