♡•Chapter 24 •♡

A/N: early post today since I wrote quite a few chapters recently. Enjoy! :D

Misaki POV

"Should we call the police? If he really is who we think..." but my words were cut when Hattori chipped in. "Lets call them, just in case, but we will be the only one going in." I have no idea why, but i feel uneasy about this.

Suddenly, the phone given by the client rang. I picked it up as I hear his voice. "So, have you found out anything?"

Misaki : Yes, we are heading over.

The client : When you come, do not call the police, I know your whereabouts, including how you and Hattori Heiji'kun have your friends in the amusement park right now.

I looked at them in fear.

Misaki : Wha-what friends? Conan'kun and I came ourselves.

I denied, as Conan'kun's face showed worry.

The client : dont deny. I know. So dont call the police.

I was about to protest when he hung up.

Hattori was punching in the numbers when I frantically grabbed his phone. He looked at me while I shook my head. "He knows."

"Damn." Hattori cursed, leaning back against the seat. Shinichi placed his hands on his chin, thinking, and he obviously is worried, by his facial expression.

"Just call the police." The detective that was previously with Hattori said, pulling out his handphone. "No!" Three of us shouted, snatching the phone away from his hands. "You dont understand, the feeling when your loved ones' lives are at stake." I sighed, thinking hard for a plan.

"No, choice, guess we'll have to act accordingly later. Be vigilant guys." I said, walking in the large house first with the rest behind me.

"So, my dear detectives, what have you found?" The old man sat at the same place, with the same expression.

"Let them go first. Or i will not speak." I said, hoping that he haven't catch them yet.

"I have the hostage, i name the rules. I will decide whether to let them off after your report." He continued, while i cursed under my breath.

"Let us see them first. Please." Hattori begged him, anger flashed in his eyes. Judging by his looks, he might walk up and strangle him any minute.

The old man relented, calling someone to bring them here. Great. Now we have to think of a way to get them out first. Conan seemed to have read my thoughts, looking at his surroundings to find a way out.

Two men came behind Ran and Kazuha, pushing them forward. Hattori rushed over, only to be stopped by a bodyguard beside the old man. "Have patience, young man." He continued, and I can see Hattori preparing to rage any minute. I looked at Conan, wandering away. He has a plan.

"Ne ojisan, what is this?" I turned and saw Conan climbing on the shelf, pointing at one of the vintage plates on it. "Dont touch it!" The old man shouted, with Conan 'accidentally' dropped the plate on him. The body guards were all engrossed in pulling the old man away that they did not realise us rushing to pull Ran and Kazuha out until they were out of the door. "Quick call the police once you run away from here, dont stop." I quickly said, before turning away to fight the attacking body guards.

Conan hit one down with his soccer ball while Hattori had a few down by grabbing a wooden sword and hitting a few down. Meanwhile me, too got a few down with my Karate techniques. Almost all were down when one suddenly grabbed me from behind and held me by the knife when everyone stopped.  "Stop, or I cannot guarantee the safety of this girl." The person behind me said. Conan looked like he's gonna kill anyone anytime soon. Oh well, I'll just take him out later when he is not concentrating on me. "Now, give me your report." The old man said.

"Its not an accident." I started, with Hattori continuing how the accident happened. "Good job till now. What about the murderer? Where did he go?" The old man continued, while we all looked at each other. "The murderer was killed after he committed the murder. Or more like suicide, i should say." I said, while I saw the shocked expression of the old man. I knew it. Our hypothesis is correct. I feel the grip on me slacking down slowly. Now its my chance. I quickly swung my arm under into his stomach and before he knew it, he is already lying on the floor, flat. Hattori quickly acted, pulling the old man onto the table and held him in the handcuffed position. I continued, "and you are the victim who faked his death. Any questions?"  Hattori looked in horror at someone behind me, and when i turned around, i saw the bodyguard with a rod in his hand aimed at me. I heard Conan tranquilizer shoot just as the bodyguard fell to the ground, fast asleep. I caught the rod falling in the air. "Thats close." I heaved a sigh of relief.

The police soon came with Ran and Kazuha. The person were caught and the case was closed.

"That was a close call." Hattori said. We are going to a nearby famous ramen shop to celebrate us solving the case.

A car stopped us in our tracks. Suddenly I feel a strong sense of urgency, pushing Conan and Hattori one side. "Its Gin's car right?" Conan asked, only to see me nod my head. I must be very frightened, my arms and legs dont seem to be working.

"At any case lets go first, we wouldnt want them seeing us." Hattori said, pulling us away in the other direction. "Where are we going?" Kazuha asked. "Sushi, i promised him the last time." We quickly sped away.