Chapter 22

Misaki POV

"Woahh this is pretty!" Everyone stood along the ledge of the waterfall, admiring the beautiful scenery. We had just reached the waterfall and it looks amazing, with all those water shimmering around the pool of water.

Conan POV
Suddenly Haibara started to grip my shirt tightly, like how she did when someone from B.O. is around. I looked at Misaki, who is talking to Shinoki'niichan and Kansai'san in a quite frantic manner, could it be that they have found their way here?

Misaki POV

"So how? Do we quickly leave?" I asked the two with a grave expression on their faces. We just sensed them and we need to find a way to make them leave, or we need to run, and fast.

Shinoki POV

We could run, but we cannot let us be seen with Tatsue'kun, they will know something is wrong, and Tatsue'kun will also be in danger.
"I got a way." Mi'chan suddenly said, whispering this idea into my ear. I stared at her, awed, she's still the one with a creative brain.

Misaki POV

"Kids we should start heading back to the inn, or else we wouldn't make it back in time for school tomorrow." I said, waving at them to start moving. Ai'kun stuck close to me the whole duration, clinging on to my shirt tightly. She was probably scared from all this.

Suddenly, a gunshot could be heard from afar. I turned around frantically, checking that everyone is here. Kansai'san suddenly pulled me closer, saying, "Gunshots, it might mean Otou-san is here. Im going to find him first, you all be careful and start heading to the exit. See you guys tomorrow!" Meanwhile starting to run in the opposite direction.

Kansai POV

I ran all the way back towards where the gunshots came from, seeing Otou-san standing there with a few underlings.
"Otou-san." I greeted him, only to see a frown. "Where have you gone off to? No one saw you around." He said, eyeing me suspiciously. "I walked along the rural parts since they all are not familiar with that place." I replied, and he nodded. Seems that he bought my answer.

Misaki POV

I hope he managed to get past Gin, we were almost at the entrance when someone blocked our way, I can feel a strong scent from him, despite being a distance away from him. "Sorry there's been incidents happening lately, we would like to check your bags and body." The person said, holding out a metal detector. I looked at Oniisan, afraid that he brought a gun along. As expected, a worried look flashed across his face. "Ai'kun, can you help me with this?" I said as I bent down, whispering into her ears as she listened intently, before nodding. "Misaki'nechan, I dont feel well." Ai'kun said in a childish manner while I took her by the hand and walked over to the person. "Excuse me, but she is not feeling well, is it ok if my brother and I bring her to rest on the car first?" I said, while the person shook his head apologetically. Too bad, time for plan B.

"Misaki'nechan-" Ai'kun mumbled, crumbling to her knees as i caught her in my arms and carried her up. "Ai'kun?Ai'kun are you ok?" I said, gently shaking her. The kids all also started calling her name, worried. Oniisan then walked up to him. "Hey! You saw the kid. We need to quickly get her in the car, i think she got a heat stroke." He said, as I poured a bit of water into her mouth. "Sorry Ai'kun, just hold on for a while more."

"Fine, go on you all." The person said, making way for us and walking on to the next batch of tourists. We quickly moved into our car and drove off, as Ai'kun "woke up".

"Ai'chan are you ok?" Ayumi said, followed by a nod by Ai'kun.
"I owe it to you this time, thanks." I said to her. "Nope, its for my own good as well, I dont want to die under the hands of Gin." She said, looking out of the windows, probably thinking of her sister again.

"We are finally back!" The kids shouted, jumping off the car. I came out behind them, closing the door behind the eager kids.

"Here," I passed them water as they drank it down. Ran was not at home, so she probably went for karate sessions. Her competition was coming around the corner.

"Oh, you all are back! I have something to discuss with you." Subaru'san and Shinoki came to Hakase's house after the kids left, with me letting them in. He walked in and sat down, composing himself, he looked a bit anxious, unlike his usual calm self.
"I saw a few suspicious people lurking around for the past few days, but you all aren't around then, so I didn't dare to do anything, in case they found out about me. But we should find a way to get rid of them before they find out information about us." Subaru'san finished.

"You can consider going overseas for a while though, but its not guaranteed that they will stop coming. We still need a plan." I said, thinking carefully. We cannot just let our efforts go to waste with the B.O finding them out at this crucial time. We need them to beat the organisation.

"Yeah, we can do that, furthermore we are going to Osaka for a case this weekend right?" Shinichi continued, with me nearly forgetting about the case. We got a letter a few days ago asking us to go to Osaka and help solve a case.
So in the end we agreed to take a few days of holiday with us going to Osaka and them going to London.