ox《Chapter 17》xo

Misaki POV

So we went snooping around like a thief, looking for areas around the crime scene that might have evidence. The tape alone is not enough. The crime scene was blocked off by the police, obviously because of us so we cannot go back and look for more clues. But we did find some stuff related. A fishing string (the strong type) and a empty roll of tape, half decomposed but still we managed to get a bag to put it in. Now our gathering of evidence is almost done, its time for showdown.

Ran POV

I cannot believe they are gone just like that. Kazuha'chan ended up crying the whole night, and there was nothing i can do to console her, but there is hope right? Its not confirmed that they died. I stood up going out for a walk to calm myself down, when i saw a figure trying to bury something i covered my mouth when i saw the same glove i saw on the murderer's hands when they pushed Conan'kun, Mi'chan and Hattori'kun down. I froze, before snapping back and tried to run away as quietly as possible until i tripped over a stick falling onto the grass.

The murderer turned over, looking at me maliciously. Its her! I cannot believe it! And that was the last of her as she walked towards me and everything went black.

Conan POV

I have a bad feeling from the bottom of my stomach, but I cannot seem to know what is wrong. Shrugging it off, i walked faster, overtaking Hattori before slowing down to talk to him. "Oi, I got this bad feeling you know?". Hattori looked at me with a confused face. "Me too." Mi'chan chipped in. "Lets walk faster, we need to stop her before she takes anymore actions to harm others.

Just then, we saw a cabin in front of us a light shone through the window before seeing a familiar figure walking out of the cabin.  After the guy was gone, we all broke into the house, not expecting what we will see.

Misaki POV

Ran was inside, hands and legs tied up together. On the side was a box of bomb-looking objects. I immediately ran to look at the bomb while Shin'chan and Hattori went to untie Ran.  This was easy, the person must be an amateur. I went to Shin'chan, with Ran in his arms after I disposed the bomb. Hattori had went back to the mansion to "take a look at the surroundings" but he probably just wanted to check on Kazuha. Oh well, at least he might discover something there.

Ran eventually woke up, feeling surprised when she saw Shin'chan before we explained the situation to her and a plan starts formulating in my head.

Hattori soon came back after, saying it might be all clear if we climbed over the wall in the backyard.

"Can you come up? Shin'chan gimme your hand." I said, holding my hand out for him. He would have climbed up with ease with his normal body, but with his body now, its almost impossible.

We sneaked in to the living room, ready to prepare our set up. Hattori wrote a note and placed it on the table. Meanwhile Ran took a white cloth and covered herself in it. Then Hattori and Conan hid in the storage room behind the room while Ran and I hid in the corridor. Soon, she could be seen walking down towards the room. She opened the door, looking left and right, making sure that no one followed her. Ran and I ducked when she looked, hiding behind the wall. As we peeked out we caught a glimpse of her walking into the room. Now the show is starting.

We slowly crept up against the door, opening it to reveal a tiny gap where we looked inside. The culprit is in there staring at the note Hattori written. He picked it up, before dropping it with fear, crawling away from the table with a pale face. Now its our time to shine. After Ran put on the roller skates, I gave her a hard push, sending her across the room and into the storage room, where Conan and Hattori are waiting. Next its my turn to show them what I am. I took out my makeup bag, paled my face and put on a ghostly dress, next I crept into the old granny's room, and Kazuha was there, great, saves me more trouble. I "floated" up to them. Kazuha seems shocked, while the granny probably looked like she was scared to death. I whispered a few words to them, "We are going to tell you who is the culprit" amd walked away. Soon, we were walking down that long corridor to reveal the truth. By then Hattori has started his deduction, explaining how he tried to kill us.

"You cannot say things without evidence, and if you are the only one that survived, who knows whether you can be trusted?" The culprit said, not refusing to admit. Kazuha's eyes widen as she saw Hattori standing there, alive. She then looked at me, as I put my finger over my lip, meaning I will explain later.

"What if we are here?" Conan said as we both opened the doors we are hiding behind, making him looked at us with horror. "Im-impossible" he said, falling to his knees. "I pushed each and everyone of you down, how can this be?!"
"I have my ways. Now why did you kill the granny's son few years ago? Speak!" I said, spearing the sword i have on my hand into the wooden floor. He looked at me, a evil gleam in his eye, he suddenly stood up, trying to get the knife off the floor. I quickly threw my leg at him, hitting him out cold. The sword fell to the floor, a clattering sound breaking the silence.
"He-Heiji?" Kazuha said, walking slowly towards him. Hattori hugged Kazuha, as all of us turned our backs. Lets give them some space. (A/N: yazz here i come with some cringey and Heiji x Kazuha parts ;))

Narrator POV

The culprit, as you now probably know, the maid of the granny, realised she had no way out and started crying. The granny looked at her, confused and disappointed. The police soon came and took her away. Yes, its case closed for the three young detectives.

Misaki POV

We all walked out of the mansion for the first time after the incident, with the granny behind us.
"Thank you all for your help." She started, as we all waved at her.

"Now what are we going to have for lunch? Im starving." Conan said, rubbing his stomach. "You greedy kid." Hattori replied, and thats when I notice that Kazuha and Hattori are holding hands.

"Oi oi, whats going on with you two eh??" Conan asked, apparently he discovered the same thing as me.
Kazuha and Hattori face suddenly turned red. "BAKAAA theres nothing on!!" The two shouted, but we already know whats going on.

During lunch Hattori finally admitted that he confessed to Kazuha after much of Shin'chan's drilling. (A/N: yeashh im here with my long awaited Kazuha x Heiji relationship.)

Later on we moved on to another part of Osaka, where we travelled and had lots of fun. But time flies when you are having fun and soon, we are at the train station taking the next train back to Tokyo.

"Bye!! Seeya next time!" Hattori and Kazuha said, waving us goodbye as we boarded the train.