🥀Chapter 39🥀

That gem.... I know what is it, but I hope that I was wrong about it.
I started looking and asking around for the yumi again. I need to solve this case first.
I asked around once more to see if anyone has saw yumi, but so far no luck. I thought back to the scenario just now. Yumi could have been either the one who did it or a witness to the accident. If she was a witness she would be in great danger, and she would probably be shocked by what she had saw, and might hide in some place. Or if she was the one who did it, she would have almost no reason to hide at all. I wondered and walked along the grass patch, not noticing where I was walking to. I tripped over something on the floor, and screamed, about to fall onto the rocky path. Then someone pulled me up and I fell over backwards. I landed on my back and I groaned, sitting up straight. I must have not been noticing what's in front of me when I was thinking. "misaki, are you OK? Was that you that screamed just now? I thought someone was trying to attack you, he ran towards the back there. " Hattori ran up asking. "wait, it wasn't you who pulled me?" i was confused. If it wasn't Hattori, then who was it? I got up and started looking in the direction where Hattori pointed and looked around. When the person pulled me away, he had a really familiar scent...

"anyways, do you think it's possible to get Kudo'kun up here? Three heads think better than two." Hattori commented. I shook my head. It may be too risky since the people here are all detectives, and the organiser addressed me as Shinichi's cousin, which was weird. Furthermore, there's no signal here, which makes it impossible to contact Shin'chan.

I bumped into a lady while walking towards the toilet. A wave of scent hit me. I grabbed her hand immediately and stopped her. She turned around and in her British accent, asked "is there a problem?"

"Vermouth. Didn't really expect you to be here." I said, releasing my hand and leaned against the wall. The lady smirked. "long time no see, Mi'chan. How are you?" "not getting any worse, thanks to you." I muttered. "that was so long ago, can't you just forgive me?" The lady continued, her eyes pleading at me.
"how can I? Easy for you to say, sure. You left us when I was not even 5, of course its something of you to say. And why are you here, speak. If this is about me, or Hattori, or Conan'kun, I suggest you leave us alone." I looked at the woman standing in front of me, anger bubbling up my throat.
" whatever you do, just be careful, Rose." I flinched at my code name. In the eyes of B.O. members, Rose is a member of B.O, powerful and of high rank. In my eyes, Rose is just a mysterious codename that I'll never want to use in my life, a position vermouth saved for me but I never wanted. The position that costed Shinoki, and almost, my life.

I walked out of the restroom, still in a daze from what happened just now. "Misaki! Where have you been? We found yumi, but in an unexpected way. " Hattori walked up, leading me to where he found her.

"there goes our only lead." I grumbled, looking around the body covered in white cloth. Not wanting to stay here anymore, I walked out of the room into the garden for a walk.

As the sky slowly turns dark, I paced around the garden, thinking about what have happened throughout the day. I had noticed a dark shadow lurking around the corner, tailing me. I slowly walked along the path and turned, hiding along the corner. Footsteps rang closer as I prepare myself. When the person ran past, I grabbed his arms and threw him over. He shouted in surprise, and I stumbled back in surprise by who I saw.

"Watson? Why are you following me?" I asked, demanding an answer. "I-I saw you walking out there by yourself, and it's getting dark, so I thought I'll call you in for dinner." he stammered.
"no need to lie. What's your codename? Did vermouth send you here?" that scent when he caught me. I should have known better.
"W-what are you talking about? And isn't vermouth a wine?"
I ignored him and continue walking back to the mansion. Of course, he should be sent by vermouth, but for what?

"Misaki, where did you go? We gotta continue looking for clues." hattori commented the memento I stepped into the dining hall. Some had already started eating. "you can go ahead, just count me out." all I wanted right now is to just hide in my room. Hattori looked at me curiously, handing me a plate of rice.
"Me being able to solve cases doesn't mean I like to. Besides, there's you around. I won't be needed"
After dinner, I went up to my room and sat on my bed. So many things have happened over the past few years, though not part of it, but impacted from it. Because of it, I had to move and abandon what I have been calling home for so many years, having to lose everyone around me, and I very well know who might be next if I don't start retaliating. The B.O. has done enough to hurt me already. I'm going to make them suffer. I'm going to live my life, not the detective one. Shin' chan deserves that. I slowly drifted to sleep as I resented the B.O., okasan, and everyone over and over again...