🍹Chapter 38🍹

A/N : sorry if I have been reallyy slow at updating. I have lots of studies to do so I'll try to post more often (BTW the above picture is my favourite part of all time❤️)

We reached Tokyo a few hours later, and Camel'san offered to drive us over as he dropped off Tamago.

We reached a big mansion and realised a lot of cars are parked outside.

"seems like we're having a detective's party here" Hattori commented as we walked into the large hall, seeing lots of famous detectives chatting and walking around.

"shinichi would love to attend this kind of stuff..." walking around the large hall with Hattori, I sighed as a few people walked past us.

"are you Hattori Heiji?" a voice came behind us. We turned around a saw a young man, probably a few years older than us.
"we're on the same team. Just call me Watson" he said, pointing the the large paper pasted on the wall.

A English name Watson huh... I thought, meanwhile spotting a familiar person on the other side of the room.
"what?! I'm with that Osaka guy again?" he shouted, as everyone stared at him. I face palmed, immediately knowing what is going on.
"misaki! So you're here, I was about the tell you about this." Ran walked up behind me, handing me a invitation letter for this party.
"this is weird," I mumbled, opening the envelope.
"And otousan is in the same team as you, and Hattori'kun. Its a coincidence, isn't it?" Ran continued on, as I looked at the letter. I had always kept a low profile when I solve cases, especially to avoid being known so that B. O. will have no chance of tracking us down. I wouldn't want to risk conan'kuns identity.

Hattori walked over after overhearing our conversation.
" Misaki, you wanna walk around? There are lots of famous detectives here." I walked off with Hattori, leaving Ran with her father.
"do you think...." he started but I shook my head, there's something more to this.
The starting of the letter.... Wrote "to Kudo Shinichi's cousin..."

"Welcome to this party. Exciting activities has been lined up for you for an amazing detective experience that you have never experienced before. Enjoy. "

The host then leads everyone to a room that's in a mess. We're supposed to find the person that ransacked the room."sounds easy to me. " Watson commented. I glanced at him suspiciously. He wouldn't be saying such stuff if he was an experienced detective.
I wanted to ask him, but Hattori had already walked out of the door. I followed behind him, deciding to wait a while longer instead of jumping to conclusions.

Suddenly a scream rang across the room. Hattori instinctively ran towards the sound, with me running behind him. Watson seems to be behind us too.

I ran to the door, and was shocked by what we had seen. A man was lying down on the floor, unconscious. Hattori went in to check on the person while I blocked the entrance. Watson stared wide-eyed at the person. I glanced at him, a thought tugging in my head.
Hattori walked out and shook his head. I switched on my phone to call the police but realised that there was no signal here.
Hattori tried his phone but to no avail too.

"is this part of the case too..." Watson mumbled, looking around the room for cameras. He moved back, accidentally bumping into me. "sorry" he mumbled, walking away. The moment when he bumped into me, a familiar scent hit me. I stared at him, not knowing what to think anymore.

"oi misaki, are you OK?" Hattori asked, sensing something is wrong. I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. My priority right now should be the case.

I walked around the room looking for clues, after examining the room, I walked out the room following Hattori as he told everyone to stay in the living room for now. But with most of the people in the room being detective's, they were having none of it. Some even started walking to the crime scene. Giving up on the situation already, I sat on the sofa and wrote down all the details of the crime scene onto the paper, in case any of the scenes were tampered with later on.

Thinking about what conan will do if he was here, I started thinking. Hattori crashed onto the seat beside me, giving up on the detectives. Ran seemed to be in the kitchen with the helpers of the house, oblivious to what is going on.

I sat up suddenly, thinking of a important clue we left out. "Hattori, remember the person who screamed and led us to that room? Where is she now?" Hattori seemed to have realised it, jumping straight out of his seat. We started running to the kitchen, where all the helpers in the house are.

"Misaki, Hattori?" Ran asked, confused look on her face. We started our investigation immediately, asking if anyone working is missing.

"yumi, where's yumi?" one of the workers started asking.
"she went to get something..." voices murmured around the kitchen, but no specific location if where she went was confirmed.

"she might have ran away in terror. Or she has something to do with the case." Hattori said, as we walked out of the kitchen, disappointed. "we have to find out who this yumi is for now." I said, as we reached the main hall, wondering where to go next. Watson has disappeared, nowhere in sight. I didn't bother to look for him, anyway.

We walked around the whole area, asking on the way if they had saw yumi.

" she must be here somewhere." Hattori grumbled, after our third round of search around the mansion.
"Eh? What's this?" I saw something glistening in the corner. I bent down and picked up a gem and froze. The gem slipped through my fingers into the grass where it had been.

"misaki?" Hattori asked, bending down to see what I have picked up. "nothing. Just a random strand of grass. " I muttered, pocketing that gem and continued to walk forward, not looking around anymore.