🌙Chapter 35🌙

Misaki POV

"Lets go to the library today. Hakase is having the kids over and its gonna be super noisy." I said, as I walked out of the school with Tatsue'kun, deciding where to study today. "Sure." He said, as we headed for the library.
A hand grabbed Tatsue from behind, where we turned around. I grabbed his hand tightly, thinking if he had sensed that he was from the B.O.

"Yes? What do you want?" He asked, trying to keep his cool, as what I can see from his face. I suddenly started worrying if i forgot to put my perfume, or had he sensed me out as he looked at me. "You look oddly familiar." He said, studying me carefully.  "Long lost siblings? Well, sorry to disappoint you then." I snapped, staring at him. He seems of low rank, but by the way he looks at me and talk, he probably know Otou'san. 
"And why are you here? Aren't you in America?" I heard Tatsue whispered fiercely as he pulled him aside. I slowly recounted the scent, remembering how Okasan told me different nicknames and ranks had different scents. He seemed low - rank to me, but i cant figure out the scent exactly. Tatsue came walking back later, as I glanced and saw the person leaving. I gave him the "you got a lot to explain" look and he nodded apologetically.

"He was a high-rank members' son, but then the person was caught by the FBI and he wasn't of much use, so they put him in the low rank sector. He was really pissed about it. As to why he finds you familiar, i have no idea about it. Maybe Vermouth? You two look quite alike."  I look at myself. Really? Or is it just that i look too much like Otou'san that someone had recognised me?
"I got something to ask you. He wouldn't be here in Japan for no reason. Is it about Jodie sensei? Or are you doing something i don't know about?" I looked at him, one eyebrow raised.
"What about Jodie sensei? She's just helping me improve my English.  You are suspecting her of trying to take the B.O. down? Does she look like the kind of person? And you, out of all people, suspecting me?" I asked, feeling my blood boil. If he doesn't trust me, i can't trust him either.

I walked away before  he can respond. Im in the feeling to study, but i walk to the library anyway.

I turn around, seeing someone jump out of my sight, into the alley behind. Thinking that someone is trailing me, I walked quickly, this time crossing the road into the nearby shopping centre.

I went in and looked around, buying a drink along the way. Hopefully that guy will be gone by the time i return home.

I walked out of the shopping centre, seeing that guy watching from a cafe. Desperate to get out if here, I have no choice but to walk home. I walked the long way, along main roads where there are more people.

I crashed onto the sofa, sighing. I managed to avoid suspicion. That guy left after i walked into the road that leads to my house. But something doesn't feel right.

I suddenly remembered, jumping straight from my seat up. If this was the reason why...
I typed in a few numbers, hoping this person can help me.

"nani!? Why didn't you tell me earlier?!" I pulled my ears away from the phone, hearing all the shouting blasting from my phone. Feeling it is safe, I put the phone back beside my ear. "eh miyuki'nechan, I didn't call you just to shout at me, just tell me what this might mean, or what I can do to avoid suspicion."

"you'll get into trouble sooner or later" she grumbled, telling me to do nothing and stay low for the next few weeks.
"oh ya, remember to tell conan to go home earlier. You never know if they are trailing him as well."
After chatting for a while, I finally hung up when I heard the sound of someone uocking the doors. Thinking that it's Conan, I walked downstairs, preparing to tell him about it.

I froze when I heard the sounds of boots clicking in the floor. It wouldn't be Conan since the intruder didn't take his shoes off. Panicking I tip toed upstairs as fast as I could, locking myself in my room, I suddenly remembered that my phone was charging downstairs. I heard the intruder walking up the stairs. I got no way out. As the footsteps got louder, I looked out of the windows. There's only one way out.

I landed on the soft grass safely, running into the living room immediately. I heard the person breaking into my room where I have locked the door. I frantically picked up my phone, and wallet and ran as fast as I could out of the house. I was about to ring Hakase's doorbell but hesitated. I peeped inside but saw no one. That's strange, unless.... Thinking that the person may come out any minute, I ran further to a junction and turned left, towards a convenience store and walked in. I switched on my phone and made a call.
He didn't pick up. Desperate, I took out my tantei badge and hoped that someone will pick up.
"hello, is this misaki nechan?" ayumi's familiar voice came. "hi misaki nechan" genta and mitsuhiko's voice came through too. "where's conan'kun? I have something to ask him."
"we don't know, he probably ran off again. We are at the amusement Park, do you want to come? Hakase is buying us drinks. " I rejected them and quickly cut the call, hailing a taxi to go there. I left a message for conan, asking him to call me back as soon as possible. We finally reached, and I jumped off as fast as I can after paying the taxi driver. Running into the park, I realised how big the place is and it's impossible to find him.

Seeing two men in black standing beside a porsche, the kind that gin drove, I ran into the park and switched on my spectacles.

I followed the red dot into a small alley. I slowly walked along, looking out for those men in black.