_( Chapter 20 )_

I ran all the way home, not even stopping when im tired. When i reached home, i just crashed onto my bed, and start thinking. Vermouth could not have done this to me, so the possibility is that they are tracing family ties with my brother, as he was in the B.O. working before until a few week ago, when he ran away as he was suspected of helping the FBI as a spy. They probably wanted to see if we knew anything. Of course, they didn't know anything about Vermouth. Well, according to some old friends in B.O., he is legit helping out FBI. Luck probably ran out on him and he had to run. I hope he is alright. Just then the door opened. Just as when I was wondering who was it, Shin'chan walked in from the door. "Ran told me that you were not feeling well, are you ok?" Conan asked, sitting onto my bed. "I don't know." I said, as i told him about today.

"WHAT!"  Conan shouted, as i told him to calm down. "So what do you intend to do?" He asked after telling him to calm down ten thousand times. "Im not sure. He's not that dangerous now, since Vermouth probably asked him to shut his mouth about this incident, but who knows what he will do in the future."

"Dont think about it, have an early night ok? Good nights" Conan said, after a while of chatting. I lied down on my bed, wondering, is this the end of us?

~~~~~ The next day ~~~~~

"Morning Mi'chan, are you feeling better now?" Ran asked me when i walked downstairs. "Yes I'm fine." I said, but in actual fact, i don't want to go to school at all. No choice, i have to face the music one day or another. "Good morning Misaki'nechan and Ran'nechan!" The detective boys said when we met each other on the way to school. "Morning!" I said, waving at them. "Oh by the way, Makoto'san invited us for dinner later, you want to go?" Ran asked me. Having dinner means high possibility of meeting that guy, i was about to reply when a voice came from behind, "But Misaki'nechan, didnt you promise to go for the camp with us?" Ayumi said, with the rest staring at me. I nearly forgot about it! We were supposed to have dinner and sleepover at Hakase tonight before going for camping at Osaka the next morning. "Oh yeah, sorry Ran, help me tell the rest too." I said, relieved that the camp helped me out this time.

Kansai POV

"She's not coming?!" I nearly shouted, with all of them staring at me. "Erm, nothing" I said, seating down at the restaurant table. I actually wanted to explain to her but nevermind. She's been avoiding me the whole day at school, sticking close with Mouri'san and Suzuki'san. Well, I cannot seem desperate, can't I?

Misaki POV

I managed to get away, sticking with Ran and Sonoko the whole time, now, I'm just gonna concentrate on letting the kids have fun. "Can we pack eel rice for lunch and dinner tomorrow?" Genta'kun asked, while Ayumi laughed and said that the eel rice would have gone bad by then. At last, we finished packing our bags and turned in for the night.

~~~~~ The next day ~~~~~

"Wake up kids, we'll be setting off soon!" I said, waking each of them up. "Hai!" They said excitedly, jumping off the do some last minute packing. Just then conan came and passed me a piece of bread, "You haven't eat your breakfast yet right, eat this, or you will be hungry before noon." I smiled, it was still Shinichi that knows me best.

"I wonder if they see eel rice at the station?" Genta asked for the second time. We are on our way to the train station. I laughed. These kids are so adorable.

~~~~~ at Osaka ~~~~~

"Oh, look at this!" Ayumi squealed, running from shop to shop to look at the things on sale. Even Ai'kun started to look around, admiring the beautiful cakes on display. Genta and Mitsuhiko seems more interested in the Kamen Yaiba figurines while Conan started looking at the soccer ball signed by a famous soccer player.

"Kids! Don't run too far!" I said, meanwhile slowly strolling, looking around. Its so relaxing, perfect for taking a break from all those things that happened few days ago.
Whatever, I don't want to think about it.

After a few hours of shopping, we decided to head into the jungles and start our real adventure.

"Ok we shall camp here tonight, lets split up to look for wood. Genta'kun and Mitsuhiko'kun follow Hakase in that direction, Conan and Ayumi'chan in the other direction, Ai'kun follows me." I said, as we split up and start walking in different directions. Ai'kun and I were just doing the normal picking of sticks, walking around the vicinity, careful not to wander too far away. I made a marking on the tree we walked past, making it easier to find our way back later.
"Ne, Misaki'san, doesn't this place looks weird?" Ai'kun said? Pointing at a sign on the floor. "Stay away from that!!" I shouted rushing forward to push her away as she triggered the trap and a net made of rope started falling down on her.
Suddenly, a hand pushed me away as I fell backwards onto the ground, in a flash, I see a familiar silhouette pulling Ai'kun away, rolling away as the net fell behind them.

Haibara POV

I was shocked, and all of a sudden my legs stood rooted to the ground. I could only heard Misaki shouting get away but my legs won't move. A person suddenly ran towards me, pulling me up as the net fell behind me. Suddenly I feel a strong scent of B.O as I panicked and realised the scent came from the one that saved me. I looked at him, horrified as he said one sentence, "Nice to meet you, Sherry'san."